Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, November 13, 2009

The Weigh-In That Didn't Happen

Week 7 4/3 of 12 weeks
(note: Actually posted for Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009)

Weight today: same

Total lost: 7 pounds in 7 3/4 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total:225

3 oz of chicken:105
1 lefse: 30
1 tbl of cheese:35
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese:80
a little over 1/4 cup of pineapple: 45
1/3 cup of leftover tator tot hot dish:100
1 tbl of powder creamer with tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total: 455
---------------
total:680

3 oz of chicken breast:105
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
1/2 cup of rice:85
6 graham cracker squares:105
total:310
---------------------
running total:990

Quiznos Turkey pesto Bullet sub: 325
1 Blue Bunny Bomb Pop:40
1 tbl of powder creamer with tea
2 tsp of sugar with tea:30
total: 425
------------------
running total: 1415

Today's challenge: staying on-calorie

Actual fitness: 2 1/2 mile run, 60 minute leg work-out, abdominals

Note on no caffeine and no sweet-n-low: Had a little headache action going on yesterday. No headaches so far today. Maybe my body is finally adjusting to the no caffeine. Didn't really have any upset stomach on my seven mile run last night.

Note on picture: I had this for part of my lunch today. Leftover taco-fied chicken breast with cheese sprinkled on, served on lefse. about 170 calories.

The Weigh-in That Didn't Happen

I've been to the doctor's office a lot over the past several years. With four pregnancies the procedure is the same. Even when I go in for things that aren't pregnancies, they do the same thing...

They ask you to step on the scale.

They take your blood pressure...

While also taking your pulse.

It's pretty predictable.

So, yesterday when I went to see the doctor about something, I knew what would happen.

The nurse led me into the room.

She sat me down and asked me to roll up my sleeve on my right arm.

Wait, I thought, what about asking me to step on the scale? Hmm...maybe she's just doing it out of order.

She complimented the color of my green sweater. I said, "thank you" and commented back that I had got it at Wal Mart for like $15 last year. I told her I liked it because it was really stretchy, perfect, in fact, for rolling up really high for getting blood pressure checks done.

Ha, ha we both laughed at that.

While she checked my arm, I glanced over at the mirror they have on the door wondering to myself, as I do every single time I'm in one of these rooms...

"Why do they put mirrors on doors like this that render a perfect reflection of your full body side profile as your sitting on the chair?"

I recalled a few years ago when I was sitting on one of these chairs, shortly after having the last baby and a good 50 pounds overweight and thinking to myself,

"My, Just what I wanted to see... a side angle of my butt while waiting for the doctor to come in."

"Ahh, but not today! Today I would have a great weight...well, as great as you can get at a doctor's office. Everyone knows that the doctor's scales are five pounds heavier than the ones at home. Also, you're weighing in the middle of the day with all of your clothes on...

The nurse goes, "60. Very good"

I said, "my resting pulse is 60 beats a minute?!?" (cool, that's an improvement from the 63 from five or six weeks back.)

She then says, "110 over 78. That's excellent."

Since I never really pay attention to blood pressure, I always ask the same thing, "What's good?"

Well, the normal range for the top number is between 120-160 and if you get below that, that's good and the second number you want to have in the 70s.

Then, she stands up grabs her little folder, smiles at me and says, "Well, I'll let the doctor know you're here."

And she left.

Gone.

No weight check.

I'm finally not overweight. I'm looking like a million bucks. I'm finally to the point where I'm like, "yah, doc, check my weight! I dare you to do it!"

And nothing.

She totally left without making me get on the scale.

"What the heck was that about? What are the odds of escaping a weigh-in? Better yet, What are the odds of escaping a good weigh-in?"

Maybe after my stellar pulse and blood pressure, she just looked at me and estimated. Maybe she didn't think I needed to be weighed.

But, Gosh darnet. Maybe I wanted to be weighed.

I've spent the last 19 weeks working and whittling this body down to a lean, mean running machine. Maybe I wanted to step on the scale and have the nurse clap her hands or something like on the Biggest Loser. And say, "Good job."

"But, no, only weigh me, when I dread what the numbers are going to say. Weigh me week in and week out while I'm gaining weight when I'm pregnant...and the numbers mess with my head and make me give up even trying to control my eating, but when I actually have a good number to post.... you don't weigh me."

Well, what did I do?

Nothing.

I let her walk away and thought to myself.

"It's just as well, It'd be higher than I'd want it to be because it's a doctor's scale and I'd just walk away annoyed."

Besides, let's get real here, who's going to actually ask to be weighed? We've been so programmed to avoid the scale...I just didn't have the gumption to say, "uhh, wait, mam, but you forgot to weigh me."

Can you just picture me asking to be weighed?

Maybe she would have turned around and said,

"Now, now missy...no bragging allowed here. We only weigh people that don't want to be weighed...we are a doctor's office after all. That is our job, to make sure you feel like you need to correct something about your body."

But, the ending wasn't too bad.

The doctor came in and the first thing she did was to sit down, smile really big and exclaim,

"You look great!"

"Yah, thanks... I've been on a diet and working out."

So, I guess it all worked out.

Weight check or not.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the irony of life! I could see this "scene" in my head as I read your words. It could have been a sit come episode. Great writing Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great reading your blog; I, like dawne, had this event pictured in my minds eye. It was very entertaining tosee the thoughts going thru your mind. Its like you want to brag but you want to show a little humility at the same time. Thanks for the entertainment. Love Ya; DAD

    ReplyDelete