Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, November 28, 2009

Have Your Pie And Lose Weight Too

9 1/2 weeks of 12 weeks

weight today: same

Total lost: 10 pounds in 9 1/2 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
1 tsp of sugar: 15
1 tbl of powder creamer with tea:30
2 tsp of sugar in tea:30
1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
total:260

1 Jimmy John Turkey Tom sub with no mayo, cheese added with Dijon mustard:422
------------
running total: 682

Buffet meal:
salad greens:10
1 tbl of 2% cottage cheese:15
black olives:20
3 crutons:8
1 tsp of fat free salad dressing:15
1 tsp of sesame seeds:20
1 tsp of peas:10
1 tsp of shredded carrots: 3
2 tsp of eggs:20
5 or 6 broccoli pieces: 20
salad: 141

2 tbl of breaded asian chicken dish:50
1 cinnamon roll: 200
2 oz of barbecued dark chicken meat:90
4 buttered green beans:30

1 cup of twist ice cream with chocolate sprinkles:300

total:811
-----------------
running total:1,493

Today's challenge: The challenge was eating out at the buffet. I think I did well. I may have overestimated on the icecream but I'd rather be a little over than under.

Actual fitness: 2 1/2 mile run, 60 minute leg work-out, abdominals

Note on no caffeine and no sweet-n-low: Well, there was no stomach upset on my run. I might eventually phase out this little update if my stomach upset ceases. I am tending to think the stomach upset was related to the caffeine just because when I get stomach upset now, it feels different like it's more connected to an oncoming bowel movement.

Note on picture: I dished this out for myself on Thanksgiving night when we went over to my brother's house to eat some pie and hang out. The French silk and pecan pie slices are about 1/16 of a Perkin's pie. The apple pie my sister made. I ate all the pecan pie slice and almost all of the french silk slice except for some of the crust. Then I only had a few bites of the apple pie. I estimated the first two pie slices at 200 calories a piece and the few bites of apple pie at 35 for a total of 435 calories. Let me tell you folks, that french silk was unbelievable!! After eating this on Thanksgiving night, I went on a five mile run. Then, the next morning I lost a pound. My total calories for Thanksgiving Day was 1,455.

See, you can have your pie and lose weight too.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! You are doing great. Never had the Silk pie, but it sounds delicious. On Thanksgiving morning we realized we had planned what to make for dinner, but forgot dessert. We ran to the store and got a Mrs. Smith blueberry pie. I had never had blueberry pie, but it was amazing. I had one slice with 1/2 cup reduced fat vanilla bean ice cream. Estimated it at about 375 calories. (It was very worth it = )

    Went running yesterday and have been working on my speed. Trying to get faster and have been doing speed intervals, where for 30 seconds, I crank it up! Greg runs next to me on the treadmill and he can run 3 miles no problem. In the time it takes him to run those 3, I was only running 2.4 miles. So I've been doing those little sprints and now I can do 2.6 miles in the time he does 3. There is no reason I can't run as fast as him, just need to keep trying.

    Working on distance once I catch him with speed.

    ReplyDelete