Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 6 of Week 4 Compliments You Can Eat

Weight today: same

Total Lost: 8 pounds in 26 days

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
2tsp of sugar:30
1/3 cup of skim milk: 30
coffee with 1 tbl powder creamer:30
with sweet-n-low:0
---------------
total: 240

1 Burger King cinni-mini :122
with frosting:25
1 french toast stick:82
total: 229
------------------------
running total: 469

1 jumbo egg:90
1 jumbo egg white: 17
2 lefse:60
less than 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese: 65
2 oz of sliced strawberries:18
1 tsp of sugar: 15
1 Ritz cracker: 15
total:280
-------------------------
running total: 749

2 energy gels while running: 200
------------
running total: 949

1 1/2 cup of chicken Alfredo fettuccine dish: 250
coffee with 1 tbl of powder creamer: 30
with 2 tbl of light whipped cream: 15
with sweet-n-low:0
total: 295
-------------------
running total:1244

1/2 cup of Blue Bunny premium vanilla light icecream:100
1 tsp of chocolate syrup: 15(est)
total: 115
------------------
running total: 1299

extra snack calories: 475(est)
total: 1774

Fitness: 6 mile run (my first long distance training run for a half marathon that's in 8 weeks)


Today's challenge: Not going over my calories. I went over last night with that cheese bread, but, oh. my. gosh. did that taste good. Gotta keep focused and keep drinking water. I don't think I 'm drinking enough.

Note on Picture: A hand picked cherry tomato from our neighbors home grown tomato patch. Now is the time of year to get tomatoes fresh. They are the best tasting this way and are also full of nutrients that are good for you. To just name one, lycopene in tomatoes has been found to prevent cancer. One cherry tomato has 5 calories.


Compliments You Can Eat

Just so you don't think it's all gloom around here because I haven't lost any weight in nine days...ahem....I'll share a few stories that definitely made me smile.

So, two days ago, I was at the gym working out with my 14-year old daughter. I started her on a work-out program about eight weeks ago. She does the same thing that I do, which also involves weight lifting three hours a week. (I know, I know, I try to tell her how lucky she is to have me as her personal trainer.)

Anyway, about three weeks ago she had taken this weight training class. So, yesterday when we were in the weight lifting room she sees the instructor who had taught her the class. She goes up to him to say hi. I'm not there, mind you, I was actually weight lifting somewhere. So, the young 20-something guy asks my daughter what she's doing and then motions to me and says,

"Who's that your sister or a friend?"

My daughter goes, "no, she's my mom."

He says, "Oh, She looks young."

I started laughing when she told me this, meanwhile, my daughter is having a hard time trying to figure out what the big deal is. So, I said to her, "When you're 36 and someone thinks you're in high school well then maybe you'll know how I feel."

Then, just so you don't think this is an isolated incident, I'll tell you about last night. We have a movie theatre in town where you can get a discount if you are a college student. So, I'm waiting in line to buy a ticket, and my husband leaves to visit the restroom.

Finally my turn comes up and the 20-ish looking gal looks at me and goes,

"Student or adult?"

Me: "Student?"

Hey, with all this working out, weight lifting and losing weight, I feel like one. Does that count?

Ok, so I didn't really say that, but I was tempted.

2 comments:

  1. those are two sweet stories! i think healthier, fit people look more vibrant and therefore younger. :) you must be workin' it well out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belstaff Jackets but there is absolutelyYamaha Fairings difficult to fight 90 minutes. Franklin and Marshall clothing Without leaving the forehead bangs, ASICS Onitsuka Tiger comb all the light beam position in the lower ear,The North Face Coats

    ReplyDelete