Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week 12 1/2 of 20 weeks

weight today: lost one pound

total lost: 9 pounds in 12 1/2 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
1 tsp of sugar: 15
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total:225

snack on pretzels: 40
Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki with cheese:520
bites of son's blueberry scone: 45
total:605
--------------
running total:830

1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
1 1/2 cups of Special K cereal:180
3/4 cup of 1% milk:90
1 1/2 tsp of sugar: 22
some more Snyder Hanover pretzels: 60
total:387
---------------------
running total: 1,217

2 slices of thin crust sausage Mediterranean pizza (it had olives, artichokes, feta cheese): (300 est)
bite of husband's giant pretzel: 20
total:320
--------------
running total:1,557

1 tbl of powder creamer in tea: 30
2 tsp of sugar in tea:30
bites of a few pretzels and chips:45
total: 105
----------------------
running total: 1,662

today's challenge: My constant challenge is always the whole trying to keep myself from snacking thing. I didn't put up the snack-y type of foods and I should have done that.

Actual fitness: 1 1/4 mile run to the gym. chest and triceps work-out, abdominals

Note on knees: Well, I tried running today to see how my knees handled it. I didn't feel any pain the first 2 to 3 blocks. Then I began to feel the pain in my right knee. I will say... the pain tonight was less than the pain from this same run a week earlier. However, once the pain starts it doesn't stop until I stop running. Also, I tried doing a leg extension tonight at the gym and compared to when I tried a leg extension over a week ago...it felt much better. I was also able to do calf raises tonight.

So, here's my assessment. I think my knees are healing, but they're not ready for me to run yet. Also, I may be able to do some weight lifting leg exercises. So, next week I may devote a day to just trying out what weight lifting leg exercises I can do. Also, I know I keep talking about this, but I need to get in the pool to see if I can burn some calories with cardio in the water.

Note on weight loss: I'd like to say I know why I lost that pound, but I don't. I've been playing tug-a-war with this pound for a little bit now. Hopefully when I kick up the cardio, I can kick off the next pound.

Note on photo: Subway's sweet onion chicken teriyaki. I've really been enjoying this sub as a change-up from Jimmy John's turkey sub. However, I may have to change back because they are more calories. With the cheese, this sub is 520. Comparatively Jimmy John's sub the way I order it is 422 calories.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all that you have achieved and thank you so much for blogging. I have just finished reading ALL your posts and you are very inspiring, so much so that I have taken your advice and for the next week I will just write down the food I eat and their calories (before Christmas it's just too daunting to think of cutting out food) and I have a plan for after Christmas. I'm pleased that your knee is getting better and obviously hope that it continues to improve. Thank you so much again.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know the comparison between Jimmy Johns and Subway. Sounds like your knees are slowly coming around. I'm so glad. Congrats on one pound gone my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 1 pound loss and it sounds as though the knees are heading in the right direction. Swimming and walking are probably going to be your cardio workouts for a while, but that might be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. difficult to fight 90 minutes. Franklin and Marshall clothing Without leaving the forehead bangs, ASICS Onitsuka Tiger comb all the light beam position in the lower ear,The North Face Coats the hair straight along in the end, cheap ugg boots do not leave any volume level and pattern.

    ReplyDelete