Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Knees Still Hurt...Drink Hot Tea

11 weeks of 12 weeks

weight today: gained one pound

total lost: 9 pounds in 11 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total:225

1/2 cup of brown rice:85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
4 oz tilapia:93
total:208
-------------------
running total: 433

1 large egg:70
1 large egg white:16
1/2 cup of Blue Bunny light ice cream:100
1 tsp of chocolate syrup:20
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total: 296
--------------
running total: 729

2 peanut butter chocolate granola bars:200
1 slice of rotella bread:55
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
2 tsp of natural peanut butter:66
1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
total: 491
------------------
running total: 1,220

3 oz chicken breast:105
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
1 Blue Bunny bomb pop:40
1tlb of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar in tea:30
total:305
------------------
running total:1,525

handful of pretzels:60
handful of kix:50
total:110
------------------
running total: 1,635


Today's challenge: Staying on-calorie. Trying to work through this whole sore knees thing...am getting very annoyed that it still hurts... a lot.

Actual fitness: Might try to get out for a lunch walk even if I can't run...it helps my mental sanity to get out in the fresh air and away from the kids for even 20 to 30 minutes during the day while my husband watches them.

Note on knees: Tried doing some toe raises using the leg press machine last night and had pain in my right knee cap...so had to stop that. Definitely getting in the gym, though, last night put me in a better mood. Also, even though I didn't work my legs, after I'd worked up a sweat during my arm work-out, my knees felt more limber. Maybe on my lunch walk, I'll try a little jogging.

Note on weight gain: Well, the reason for this gain is the 2,000 calories I inhaled yesterday. Also, some of those extra calories came from salty pretzels, also I didn't drink a lot of water, also I'm not running....and part of the reason (at least in my opinion) that I'm eating more is because I'm not running. It's strange but running will sometimes actually cause me to not have as big of an appetite. Plus if I did eat a little extra I could just go "run it off"...yes...I know patience. Patience is a virtue.

Note on picture: I love to offer our guests hot tea with some chocolate hazelnut Pirouline. My parents stopped by yesterday and I warmed them up with this treat. I get so cold sometimes and I love making tea because it gets so hot that I can't even put my hands on the outside right away. My favorite lately has been Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum. It has a hint of sweetness. When you add 1 tbl of creamer and 2 tsp of sugar (60 calories) total, it totally brings out the sweet taste. Add to that one Pirouline (50 calories) and you have yourself a hot, comforting and tasty treat for a little over 100 calories. Plus by the time your done with the tea, you are so warmed up, you have to take off your sweatshirt.

5 comments:

  1. I find the exact same thing happens to me when I don't exercise rigorously; my appetite actually increases. There doesn't seem to be a logical reason for that, but there ya go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving my hot tea lately. I've been sucking down the Celestial Seasonings Antioxident...something - it is green tea w/a little bit of white to make it smoother. Has a teensy bit of citrus to it & with a tsp of honey it is just sweet enough. Has to steep for 3 minutes & be hot!

    Hope your kness are feeling better soon!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your knees are still hurting. I agree with Actual Scale, Celestial Seasonings has some great kinds. Get some rest and don't push too hard right now. Let your body tell you when it is ready to resume workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about some pushups, abs, upper body weights? better than nothing...

    sorry to hear your knees are still bothering you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belstaff Jackets is perhaps the only lady of the goddess Shu Qi.Franklin and Marshall T-shirts
    While the final impact of Shu Qi 48th Golden Horse award defeat,Motorcycle Fairings but undeniable,Monster Headphones accurate maintenance

    ReplyDelete