Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, December 14, 2009

12 Weeks To 18 Weeks

12 weeks of 12 weeks

weight today: same

total lost: 9 pounds in 12 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1/2 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar in tea:30
total:225

3 oz chicken breast:105
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
hand full of pretzels:70
total:275
----------------
running total:500

1 large egg:80
1 large egg white:20
1 lefse:30
1/2 cup of cottage cheese:80
3 oz sliced strawberries:27
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
total:322
------------------
running total: 822

1 hazelnut pirouline:50
3 Dove chocolate caramels:132
1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
some pretzels:60
total:277
-------------
running total:1,099

3 oz chicken breast: 105
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
some of son's taco: 45
1 Blue Bunny Bomb pop:40
total:290
---------------
running total: 1,389

3 oz chicken breast:105
1/2 cup of brown rice: 85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
1/2 cup of Blue Bunny light ice cream: 100
1 tsp of chocolate syrup:20
total:325
----------------
running total: 1,714

Today's challenge: over-eating and snacking all day. I couldn't stay out of the Snyder Hanover pretzels. What I need to do is put all those open bags of salty stuff up high because I won't get into it if it's closed.

Actual fitness: 60 minute chest and triceps work-out with abdominals routine.

Note on knees: Wow, did it feel good to get into the gym today and sweat. My right knee is still in pain so I didn't exercise my legs. I may try to do some swimming or jogging in the water in the next day or two to start burning some calories.

Note on picture: This is for all you soup lovers out there. This is my mom's home made smoked turkey soup that she brought over for lunch on Sunday. It tasted wonderful and I'm sure is also very low calorie.

12 Weeks to 18 weeks

If you haven't noticed my little countdown, I've officially completed twelve weeks and have lost nine pounds.

I feel like I should have lost closer to ten to eleven pounds if I had stuck to my diet like glue. There were several 2,000 calorie days in those weeks that I think has impacted the total weight lost. Also , for the last eight days, I haven't been able to run.

However, I have been pleased with the results that I've seen in body with the loss of these nine pounds. In fact, it's amazing to me how much even one pound can be seen in my body. What's also interesting and perhaps not so amazing is how I can also see and will notice when I've gained a pound.

Like tonight, I have this bad feeling that I may gain a pound by tomorrow morning. I hope not. But I'm not doing any cardio...so I could. And I haven't been eating the best. Also, I've seen how not running and weight lifting my legs has impacted and shifted the shape of my lower body. It's perhaps not enough for just anybody observing me can notice, but I can tell cause I see my body everyday.

When I started again 12 weeks ago, I wanted to lose another 12 pounds after the initial twenty pounds that I lost. I'm still three pounds away from that goal. But since I've been around this weight for a several weeks now, I've decided to readjust my goal to losing three more pounds to bring my goal weight to 15 pounds. With the twenty I've lost, combined with wanting to lose another 15, that means I will have lost 35 pounds altogether.

So...I've decided to add six more weeks to the 12 weeks to give myself enough of a timely challenge to focus on. Another added challenge in this whole scenario is that I am injured and so at present I cannot run or weight train my legs until the "contusion to the knee" stops hurting me. So, hopefully when I try swimming or running in the water, my knee won't hurt.

I think once I hit this goal weight I'll stop, and go for trying to maintain. Another idea I've kicked around with my husband is training and preparing for a body building fitness competition. But those things are expensive and you know how cheap I am...so we'll see.

So, anyway, the 18th week would end on January 24.

Also, what I'm thinking about doing is along the way adding some progress pictures. There really has been a dramatic difference in my body since I've lost nine pounds compared to the pictures I shared with everyone 12 weeks ago. So, I may be doing more progress pictures to let you see how even one or two pounds really does make a difference...unless of course I gain weight and then we won't show those pictures. ha, ha. Um, sorry about that...we are not gaining...just losing here folks.

Alright. Everyone have a nice night...morning...or day!

5 comments:

  1. That was really good for me to read, that 9 pounds made such a difference for you! It seems like I've been kicking around the same 5 pounds for a long time, yo-yoing back & forth. I got down to 137 for a while there and now that I'm back to 142-143 wow, it is VERY shocking how different I feel and look! My skinny jeans are just a little bit too tight, and they totally fit me fine at 137.

    So that is really motivating to me, to work hard to get down to my goal of 135 - just 8 pounds away. It seems like not much, but I think especially with the weight lifting molding my body, that I will be inch loss maybe when there isn't much scale loss too.

    Anyway, keep up the good attitude and I'm looking forward to your 18 week results! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you that a "small" amount of weight loss can make a big difference in how you look. Especially when you are doing all of that strength training, I bet it really shows!

    Thanks for your comments and encouragement! I am hoping to be where you are in a few months and when I get there, I'm getting those rings re-sized! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the progress pics! Can't wait to see. Glad you got to work out at the gym and even more glad you are resting those knees still.

    As far as the small weight loss, I am with you. If I am up a pound or two, my jeans are snug. I got by them to know if I need to pick it up at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably move the weeks from 18 to 20 just to give your knees enough time to recover properly.

    I think maintaining is much harder than most people think.

    Hey, are you going to submit your story to a fitness magazine with progress pics? You should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the progress! i don't doubt that the 8-days of no-running/getting much cardio at all hindered those last couple of pounds from falling off. you definitely would've had at least 1 more pound!

    i like how realistic your goals are. i need a little of that in my life :) i am interested to see my weight when i go home for the holidays (didn't bring my scale to KY with me) - i've been trying to cut back on eating so much/often!

    ReplyDelete