Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, December 11, 2009

Not Racing Tomorrow

11 1/2 weeks of 12 weeks
weight today: same
total lost: 10 pounds in 11 1/2 weeks
1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total:225
2 crackers:32
four chips:35
3 oz chicken breast: 105
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
total: 272
--------------
running total:497
1 xtra large egg:80
1 xtra large egg white:20
1 lefse:30
over 1/2 cup of Blue Bunny Vanilla light ice cream:125
1 tsp of chocolate syrup:20
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea::30
2 tsp of sugar :30
?:90
total:340
------------------
running total:837
two caramel filled Dove chocolates: 88
1 slice of Rotella Italian bread: 55
2 tsp of natural peanut butter:66
1 tsp of grape jelly: 16
total:225
----------------------
running total:1,062
2 oz chicken breast:105
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter: 15
1 Blue Bunny Bomb Pop Jolly rancher flavor:40
total:245
----------------------
running total: 1,307
1/2 cup of ice cream Blue Bunny light:100
1 tsp of chocolate syrup:20
1 tbl of powder creamer with tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total: 180
--------------
running total: 1,487
today's challenge: staying on-calorie
Actual fitness: 20 minute lunch walk
Note on picture: The same friend that gave me those hazelnut chocolates three weeks ago gave me six little caramel filled Dove chocolates. So, I had one yesterday. When I was in my 'overeating ways' I would eat bags of these Dove chocolates in a matter of a few days. Not this time. Maybe it'll take me two or three days to eat those six chocolates.
Not Racing Tomorrow
It's Friday and the weekend is upon us. Don't know about you, but we have a holiday filled weekend with Christmas-y type of things going on.
Remember the race I was considering running tomorrow?
Not happening.
I cobbled together a little walk/run last night to the gym and back, and my knees are definitely not ready for running or anything that requires bending, pushing, or exerting weight on the ligaments.
I probably shouldn't have tried running to the gym, but my knees seemed like they felt better. Once there I got in a chest and triceps work-out, and abdominals, which I felt better about.
I also tried going on the elliptical machine to see if I could do that.
Nope. The knees bend with that.
Also tried the rowing machine that uses your back and arm muscles. That also requires the bending of the knee.
Then someone at the gym suggested swimming. I was getting excited about that idea until I realized that my left knee is still an open wound. I'm actually a little concerned that it's not healing properly because we wiped it with an alcohol swab and hydrogen peroxide when initially disinfecting it, but when I showed the doctor the other day, he wasn't concerned.
So...I'm going to try to do some walking, because walking doesn't hurt the way it does when I run. I'm also still thinking about walking the 5K race tomorrow. And, yes, taking pictures and drinking hot cocoa.
At the gym last night some 50-60ish guy, who I've talked to before, asked me if I fell on the ice.
I had my left knee bandaged and the right knee obviously scraped up. Oh, and let's not forget the nice oval sized bruise on my right leg from when I fell down the steps that occurred the day after I fell. I wonder what he though cause I said,
"No. There wasn't any ice in sight. The pavement was completely dry."
He just kind of looked at me and then went on his way. Actually he's an interesting man. He's one of those guys who isn't married, likes to talk to you about himself. He's told me that he's divorced twice, and is looking for another wife.
Several weeks ago when I was in there with our 14-year-old daughter, he thought we were both going to college and mentioned that we were his son's age...22. Last night, while he was near me doing abs, he asked when spring break for college was. Finally, I told him, "I'm a married mother of five kids."
Well, he was quite surprised. I think it's the "five kids" that gets people. And now that I'm looking much more fit than I did four months ago, I like seeing people's reaction.
One interesting thing that I've noticed since not being able to run and lift my legs these last five days is that I seem to be less tired in the afternoon. Sometimes I feel like falling asleep and taking a nap by 3:30, but lately I have more energy.
Wow. All that working out must be taking more out of me than I realized. When I start up again, I'll probably have to make sure I get to bed earlier.
Well, enough yakkingg...have an awesome Friday y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through Dawne, who is losing 100 pounds in 365 days. I can totally relate to you because I'm a mom of 7 in 10 years, and have worked diligently after each baby to lose the 30-50 pounds. People are shocked when they hear that I have SEVEN kids, and say I look so young, etc (I'm 33). It's fun!! Because you & I don't fit the stereotype of overweight moms who have lots of kids. Or any kids, I suppose.

    Anyway, just wanted to say that injuries are so hard to deal with because they really take the steam out of the momentum you had going - I know how it is!! But hang in there - I've been telling myself lately (I have 20 pounds left to lose after baby #7 4 months ago) that I have to take it one day at a time and not give in to binge eating just because a bump in the road comes along. Each thing I put in my mouth is a decision and I don't have to be a slave anymore!!

    I can so relate to your eating bags of Dove chocolates in a couple of days - I have done that many times and often wondered if I was abnormal - I mean, I know it's not "normal" per say, but it's nice to know others have been there, done that.

    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get down on yourself for not entering the race. Take care of yourself and you'll be back to the serious work outs in no time. Maybe this is a rest you needed and the only way to get you down was to have your knees all bent out of shape!!! With 5 kids, I'm surprised you don't need to take naps more often than that! And I thought raising two sweet things was work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, I wish I could have seen that guy's face. That would have been priceless. I do not care for dudes that go on and on about themselves. I mean I like to talk a lot, but about fun things, not just myself!

    Sorry to hear your knees are still so soar. Just keep doing what you can and don't rush a recovery. Knowing you, you are chomping at the bit to get out there and run. Slow and steady sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie, just a note - stay away from the peroxide. It doesn't promote healing so you'd be better off with something like Witch Hazel for disinfecting an open wound. Also, keep it covered (if possible) with a bandaid & neosporin or something similar. If you aren't seeing true signs of healing within a week or so of doing that...I'd be a tiny bit concerned BUT you do a lot of activity & constantly bending that knee may be slowing the healing a bit.

    Take care!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete