Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Perfect Truffle...A recipe

13 1/2 weeks of 20 weeks

weight today: gained one pound

total lost: 9 pounds in 13 1/2 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
1 1/2 tsp of sugar:22
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar:30
total:232

1/2 cup of brown rice:85
2 tsp of Smart Balance light Butter:30
4 oz Tilapia:93
total:208
--------------
running total:440
1/2 cup of Blue Bunny Premium vanilla light ice cream:100
1 tsp of chocolate syrup: 20
snacks:60
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar in tea:30
total:230
---------------------
running total:670
1/3 cup of wild rice soup:75
1/2 of small muffin:50
2 oz dark meat turkey:100
appr. 2/3 cup of mashed potatoes with butter already mixed in:100
2 dates filled with nuts: 60
1/4 cup of green beans: 35
2 tbl of sweat potatoes:25
2 red velvet cake truffles:100
1 fudge piece:35
1 narrow slice of angel food cake with frosting: 150
oatmeal mixed with probably butter and sugar: 125
1/4 cup of hot apple cider:25
total:880
--------------------
running total:1,550
8 to 10 oz wine: 200
---------------
running total: 1,750
Today's goal: To get in "at least" 30 minute of jumping jacks, to not snack and to save about 500 calories for a nice Christmas Eve dinner tonight.

Actual fitness: none

Note on knees: They feel fine walking around. I'll see how they handle jumping jacks

Note on picture: Remember those red velvet cake and frosting filled chocolate covered truffles? This is what it looks like inside. I'm estimating them to be about 50 calories.

The Perfect Truffle

Yes.

I am devoting an entire post to the perfect truffle.

And I am even on a diet.

But just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good treat when I see one. Or taste one that is. And this isn't just any treat. Scotcheroos... people know about. Sugar cookies decorated for Christmas we also know. Even fudge...everyone has heard of that.

But have you ever heard of a truffle filled with cake....?

and frosting?!?

SunshineMeg, are you listening? (She's a cake and frosting lover)

I have never heard of, seen, or tasted a cake and frosting filled truffle before!
Until yesterday.

How ingenious!! My three most favorite ingredients at one time: cake, frosting and chocolate!

Ok, so you already know that one of my husband's co-workers makes these delectable treats each year, and she sent these home with him yesterday, among other treats.

At first I thought it was a chocolate covered cherry because you could see some red on the outside. But it appeared home-made so I was trying to figure out how she pulled that one off. And then when I cracked open the truffle, took a bite...I immediately thought I was eating cake...something...maybe cake batter.

Wow. *big sigh*

Well, when he went back to work from lunch...I later received the recipe. She knew it by heart.

But, then it is pretty simple. Heck. I could make them. Maybe I will.

Maybe you should too...you know... to see what the big fuss is...see how many calories they really are...eat a few and then give the rest away because we're all on a diet here.

At least it's not fried. I wonder how that would taste.
So, here's the recipe. There's still time to make them for Christmas. Or the New Year if you prefer.

Red Velvet Cake Balls

1 box of red velvet cake

1 container of cream cheese frosting

almond bark/dipping chocolate

Bake cake according to directions on the box. Once cooled, crumble cake in a bowl and add whole container of frosting. Mix frosting and cake together until well blended (using your hands may make this easier). Roll the cake/frosting mixture into small balls. Freeze until solid (they can be refrigerated but freezing makes the dipping a little easier). Take out of the freezer in small batches to dip into chocolate. Set on waxed paper to harden. Drizzle chocolate on top once cooled for extra decoration.

The gal who made this said she's also thinking about trying out variations of this recipi with chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate... now that sounds good.

So, there you have it. I'm thinking about making this next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy Christmas Eve Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Wonder if I could lower the fat by making the cake with pumpkin instead of oil and eggs...Hmmmmm tempting!

    ReplyDelete