Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, March 29, 2010

SUNSHINE MAMA NAILS 100 PUSH UPS!!!!!!!!!

Good evening everyone!

It's a good day here in God's country. Besides it being a beautiful day where the kids played outside barefoot, Sunshine Mama managed to nail 100 consecutive push ups today!

It'd been two days since I last did a boatload of push ups, so I had a few days rest for my arms. If you recall last Monday when I'd had a few days rest, I was able to push out 90 push-ups. So, today I knew that I would be going for 100 and if I got close I was going to go for it.

Well, I started out with eight sets of 36, 36, 43, 43, 36, 36, 32, 32 which is a total of 294 push-ups. Then, I'll set you up with the scene at home as I got ready to do my ninth set. Our five year old daughter was in the naughty corner behind me, and my two and and four year old boys were a few feet away watching. Everyone was told to be quiet.

I started up. I remember hitting 50 thinking I'm half way there, and maybe this is too far away. I hit 70 and I was starting to feel tired, but before I knew it I was at 80. I started getting excited at 80 because I could feel that I was going to break 90. I remember hitting 89 and thinking, this is it, I'm going for 100...there is absolutely no stopping now...

But my arms were starting to get really fatigued at 95. The last five were slow and arduous and the 100th one was the hardest and most fought for one of them all. It took like what seemed five seconds for the last one because I was giving it all I had left to push myself all the way up. I had absolutely no gas left after that 100th push-up. But I was so happy when I was done, and the kids couldn't really figure out why.

So, that's the story. I've included a picture of my arms.

It only seemed appropriate to show the big guns that finally got the job done.
So, Altogether I did 394 push-ups today. The most I've ever done.
I still plan on continuing to up my push-ups so that eventually I can video tape myself doing it for the rest of you to witness it.
Other than that...I had a good breakfast again.

In addition to two chopped Brazilian nuts, I added one sliced strawberry.
I mixed in stevia and cinnamon while cooking this 1/3 cup portion of oatmeal.

I had a delicious salad today.

I've been into red potatoes lately topped with olive oil.
Just loved it. Don't know why I haven't been eating more of this.
This is five ounces of potato with four ounces of chicken breast.
Last night I fried up four ounces of sliced red potatoes in olive oil with five egg whites.
Then, added a little more olive oil with salt and pepper.
This was pure delight too!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Remember the two pounds I gained Saturday morning after eating all that popcorn on Friday night?
Well, I re-lost those two pounds and I've been keeping on track with my eating today except tonight I did eat some Newman's Own Organics pretzels.
I've had about 1,800 calories today.
Besides the push-ups, I worked my legs in the gym tonight with some abdominals as well.
I've actually felt pretty tired today. I wonder if I'm still tired from the trip.
Also, it seemed like I was feeling a little nausea at the gym tonight which is weird because I've literally been almost nausea free for this entire pregnancy, which I attribute to all the exercise and healthy eating.
------------------------------------------------------
Well, Monday's almost over. Hope you all are doing well and have a great Tuesday!
Keep it up! You're doing better than you think!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

12 comments:

  1. Holy lord woman...you are doing fabulous...thanks for tickets to the gun show too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on 100 push ups!!! You are AWESOME! Way to lose those 2 pounds too. I bet sticking to your diet and work outs has made you feel really good lately. Your salads look like a little bowl of masterpiece every time you post a picture! Ha!

    Hope the nausea leaves you alone today and that you have a great day! Knock em' dead. Well, do not really do that. Those muscles look like they could do some damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liking those arms. If I ever run into you in a dark alley I am running..lol

    The food you eat always looks so fresh and yummy. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man you are one ripped Mama! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there,
    Why so many push ups? Did I miss something in your previous posts? Was this a personal challenge or are we all supposed to be doing push ups!!! What's the secret benefit(reward) to doing so many push ups?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy mackerel, those are some smokin' guns you got there!!

    Time for me to start doing more pushups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude you are insane! and I say that in a GOOD WAY! you are seriously freaking amazing! I am in awe of you lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza!! Your arms are HOT! Is all that muscle from the 100 pushup challenge, or was it there already?? (If it was there already, how'd you get them? I want!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your arms are awesome! hot mama! ;) congrats on the 100!! woop woop! way to fight for the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Look at those arms. WOW! I may have to put a picture of your arms in my office to remind me how good arms can look if you work at it. :)

    ReplyDelete