Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Pregnant Polar Plunge...

Hi, y'all! I decided to take the plunge with my daughter after all.
But first we had to get past the traffic and find a place to park. We sat in line at a crawl for what seemed like half an hour, and then met this guy...

Mr. Traffic controller extraordinaire.
He had three lines of traffic he was waving by: Me, the ones leaving and the VIPs that were coming and going. When I finally got to the top of the line I ended up having to wait several minutes because the VIPs and outgoing traffic got two and three turns before he finally waved me through.

Here...it's finally my turn.
I told my daughter, "He's not being fair." She agreed.
I was waiting so long for my turn that I decided to take his picture.

Ahh...party central at the polar plunge.
Red wavy guy and all.

Before the plunge...

We're looking pretty sedate and dry.

The official registration line.
Here's some pretty polar plunge artwork.

Polar plunge...get it?

Yep, it was quite a festive atmosphere here with people in hula skirts.

And here is where we plunged. They actually had to break up a bunch of ice to get this water clear. I ran out and slapped someone's hand, while our daughter went out and slapped everyone's hands.

I asked this nice lady to video tape, which she thought she was doing but she really wasn't. So, all I have are two still photos that I was able to clip from video that she accidentally taped.
But here we are about to start...
Darling Rose is waving a toilet plunger and actually went in the water with it.
And after the plunge...
Was lucky even to get this.
It was FREEZING cold!!
Be prepared, SunshineMeg, when you go to do this next year.
Wait...don't think you can really prepare for this kind of cold.
They had these hot tubs for people to warm up in.
Darling Rose skeedaddled into one with lightning speed while I picked up all the stuff.
If you look close...you can see that the hot tub water is full of sand. Ick!
I only went in up to the top of my legs.
I'm glad we did it!
It was fun to be a part of the bustling enthusiasm and to share the experience with my daughter. Now we can say we did it together.
This is my second time. About ten years ago when I did it, it was a rare 70 degrees that day. Today it was 40. But people were walking around like it was 70...no coats, no shoes...
Crazy stuff.
Well, I hope you're all having a great weekend!
Tomorrow my husband and I will be attempting to do 101 push-ups in a row.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, very brave! Glad you had fun!

    And congrats on your first giveaway too :) :) We'll have to compare notes and learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you two did it! You are so brave. The picture of the three "plungers" is hilarious. Hula skirts too? People were in the spirit. The picture where they had actually broke up ice made me get cold. Darling Rose must be a very daring girl because I don't know many people who will do that. I'm glad you did it and could tell me about it ahead of time. The big question now is are you thawed out yet?!

    Haha, hope you have a nice, WARM Sunday = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! It's so cool that you do things with your daughter like that- seriously! She is very lucky to have a mom like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what good sports the two of you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to share with your daughter. you will be talking about this for years to come!!!

    ReplyDelete