Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Steak As My Snack

Hola compadres!

Thanks for even more of your comments about my arms. Ha, Ha!! I think that is so funny. I was going to do a push-up workout today, but didn't "feel" like it. So, I will be doing it tomorrow.

Don't you guys love that my dad comments on my blog as anonymous? My parents are in Florida right now, and he still finds time to read my blog.

"Hi, dad! Don't do any push-ups either!"

My dad has to be careful not to stress his heart and when he sees me going crazy with push-ups he wants to join in. And that's a no-no!


And, yes, Sarah, when you get back from Germany, you can visit me for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll even take you out to Dairy Queen. Ha. Had to get that in.

I'm glad I can give you guys food ideas even though I feel like my menu at present isn't that exciting. If you have any ideas to spice up what I already make, feel free to let me know. And, yes, Amy, I will be trying that mango/gGreek yogurt ice cream idea.

SunshineMeg also gave me a good idea about wrapping taco stuff in a lettuce wrap. I may just try that since tacos are on the menu this week.

Other than that, how did everyone's Wednesday go? I got a nap today, so mine went better than yesterday when I didn't get in a nap. I was so tired yesterday that by last night it felt painful.

Here are some food pictures:

After I ate breakfast around 8:30 a.m. today, I ate some of that leftover steak and potatoes at around 10:30 a.m. Lately I've been eating my meat with this Mr. Dash Zesty Garlic Herb Marinade. It's salt free and msg free. This particular sauce has a tangy almost fruity flavor, yet it also has some definite zest!
More red potato topped with Newman's own organic olive oil.

A little while later around 12:30 p.m., I had lunch with this salad...

...and this chicken and sweet potato and more Mrs. Dash marinade.
I had all this to eat, besides my breakfast, before my nap today.
After my nap I had another snack similar to the above picture.
I actually had more calories than I wanted to today...
probably close to 2,000.
--------------------------------------------------
Oh, I should mention that it hit 75 degrees here today. I was actually walking around in shorts and a t-shirt outside. All our children were running around outside in bare feet getting filthy dirty.
I should also mention that looking good and feeling comfortable in a pair of shorts in nice weather like this was one of my goals for this coming spring. I'm glad to say that I do feel like I look pretty good in shorts...
and in a tank top.
----------------------------------------
Well, I need to hit the sack soon.
Thank you all for visiting.
Hope your Thursday goes well!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

7 comments:

  1. Please don't be offended, but the 1st pic, the meat, scared me a bit.

    Please send the 75 degree weather here. CT is still a bit cold today, but it didn't start clearing up till the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your salads. I am so glad the warm weather is here and allowing everyone to be outside. It is so nice to not be bundled in winter coats and layers of clothes. Congrats on your shorts! That's a great feeling.

    Mom day is today. I am beyond excited. I have no idea how I will be able to concentrate at work till I pick her up at the airport = )

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm.... always love "seein" what you are eating, girl... so yummy!

    So grateful for sunshine too... feels so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! :) I will try to take pictures of my food today too! The weather is gorgeous here too! :)

    Blessings, Sunshine Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right about the pinkness of the meat - my husband is always under cooking mine to bloody state and I'm always ending up pan frying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful menu. I am so jealous of the weather. Tonight I am trying my hand at turkey burgers. We shall see. I posted some sundae's today on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That salad looks so refreshing! That is too cute that your dad reads your blog =)

    ReplyDelete