Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Shhhh....Sunshine Mama Is Sleeping"

Good evening everyone!

How is life?

Life here has been a little hectic. There have been lots of ideas swirling in Sunshine Mama's head.

In my last post I mentioned that I have started to incorporate some of the things that I learned at the nutrition class that was put on a by a professional female body builder. Of the top five mistakes that she listed that athletes make, lack of sleep was the only one that was printed in capital letters.

She wrote, "This is critical to allow the human body to maintain and gain lean muscle as well as repair and burn stored fat."

Sleep. ZZZZZ.

Sleep will help you build muscle and it will help you BURN stored fat...in case you missed it.

This is one thing I am working on. In the past three or four weeks, I have increased my caffeine intake as compared to very little amounts of caffeine in tea to drinking straight black coffee. I love the extra energy it gives me, but in a way, it's false energy. Because, then, what happens is that I don't fall asleep and take naps when my body really needs it.

Today, instead of blogging on the computer, I took a nap. Yeah! For Sunshine Mama.

Also, I 've decided to axe the caffeine because according to my reading, pregnant women shouldn't be drinking a lot of caffeine. Maybe one cup. But, I'm the kind of personality who may start at one, but will want to build up to more. I usually am more tired in the first trimester, and if I'm on too much caffeine, then I won't be inclined to take a nap when my body really needs it.

As I'm writing this, I can feel a little headache because I've already started cutting caffeine. Another problem with caffeine is that for every eight ounces of caffeine that you drink, you need to offset it with eight ounces of water. On some days it can be challenging enough to get in a half a gallon of water, and adding to the necessary water intake makes it even harder to maintain proper water intake.

Other than that, I have a few updates to share. I mailed off the figure suit color of my choice so that my seamstress can begin creating my competition suit. I chose a deep blue velvet fabric. I also saw a picture of the way I want the suit to look. It's beautiful. I have also placed my order for those five inch heels to go with the suit. They should arrive in three or four days.

Other than that, I am feeling well. I don't have any symptoms of morning sickness. In the past, I will usually start getting nauseated by food by the seventh week. So far I am six weeks along. I'm hoping that being active and physically fit will help reduce those nauseous sensations.

When I was pregnant with our last baby, I was able to run and work out and do sit-ups until about the eighteenth week. I noticed with that pregnancy that I did feel nauseous, but not nearly as bad as with the other ones when I was less active in the beginning.

Well, I can't believe it's already the middle of the week. The temperature around here has been in the 40s. The snow is beginning to melt. The kids went outside again today to play. There are these little signs of spring that will signal shorts season and an opportunity to show off all of our hard work.

I hope you're all having a good week.

6 comments:

  1. You are so cute! So glad ya chose to rest instead of gab! Yay!

    Can't wait to hear more on that workshop, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few weeks ago I was SOOO tired. Not really like "can't keep my eyes open" tired. Just more like "can't move a muscle" tired. That was my first pregnancy symptom. Extreme fatigue. I feel good now so hopefully yours will end soon!

    With my first baby I had REALLY bad morning sickness. I haven't had any yet... I'm wondering if it is because I'm a lot more active now. I never thought of it that way!

    Can't wait to follow along with your pregnancy! Won't it be exciting when we are both posting about how we can't see our feet anymore haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you taking a nap! Way to put your priorities first and I bet your new little bundle of joy appreciated the nap as well.

    How exciting you ordered your suit material and shoes! I bet you will start anxiously watching the mail everyday.

    Hope morning sickness is not looming in your future. Hey! I've been meaning to ask! What did the kids say when you told them you were having a baby? How did you and Daddy Rainmaker tell them!? Fill us in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to bed around 8:30 and wake up naturally around 5:30. I am such a morning person.

    Praying for you to have a healthy pregnancy.

    BTW: Check out my blog for a sport's bra giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder!! I think us Mommies of littles tend to stay up too late just to catch a few quiet moments after the kids go to bed. Even the older ones like to stay up and talk to me and I need to just make time for a nap during the day too, so I can spend that special time with them.

    I truly hope that morning sickness is not so prevalent for you this time around!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that you need 8oz of water to offset 8 oz of caffeine.

    Sleep is critical to me. I admit I'm not the best at making sure I'm in a routine, but do recognize how helpful it is to me.

    ReplyDelete