Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, March 18, 2010

Give-A-Way Ends Tonight...I Lost Two Pounds

Also included in the Newman's Own Organics Give-a-way that ends tonight at midnight are these five chocolate bars. I know there are a lot of dark chocolate lovers out there and three of these bars are: Super Dark Chocolate, Espresso Dark Chocolate, Orange Dark Chocolate and then Milk chocolate and Mocha Milk chocolate.

I haven't opened up these packages yet because I'm on my special diet. My husband doesn't really eat chocolate and I just couldn't see the justice in letting our 14-year-old and younger children eat these treats. They had the cookies remember? So, I just might save these to ship out in another upcoming give-a-way. What do you think?

I wanted to add that each of these is a LOT of calories per bar...about 475 on average for 3.25 ounces, but all the ingredients are organic. And if you split this up over the course of a few days (ahem like five days LOL!) it wouldn't be so bad on your diet.

But...if you haven't already. You can sign up for the give-a-way here if you do it before midnight on the 18th.

Newman's Own Organics also makes black tea. This tea is not in the give-a-way, but was something I was able to try out. I'm not a huge black tea fan. I usually like to have some kind of flavored tea. But...when I tried this out today, I was shocked.

It describes this tea as their special family blend. But I tell you, that it has such a full, tasty flavor. I LOVED IT. I mean....I am so happy that I have a box of 100. I already can tell you that I will be drinking this tea a couple times a day...it is that good.

I mixed 1 tbl of heavy whipping cream and stevia into my tea. But, people, if you like black tea, you have to try this tea. I'm not exaggerating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to some pineapple that I cut up tonight. I picked this up to use as some quick energy during my weight lifting work-outs. Fruits are a quick acting carbohydrate also known as simple carbs. Because of that...you can eat this during the middle of a work-out, if you are feeling weak or low on energy...
And it will give you more energy.

I tried doing this tonight at the gym. Lovely.
This tasted so good. It was so nice to have this at the gym to be able to fuel up on when my tank was feeling empty.
I Lost Two Pounds
As much as my weight as been fluctuating lately, I wasn't really surprised to see myself drop 1.8 pounds this morning, almost two pounds. It confirms that my diet does have a direct effect on the scale. And, really, I have to say that this scale is wonderful, because it's so much more precise than my other scale.
I also think that getting in a half a gallon of water was also key to the weight loss. I think I was a little behind in the last few weeks on getting my water intake at half a gallon. Now that I've quit coffee, it should be easier to get in my water.
I was really tired this morning, but by the time I went to take a nap, I couldn't fall asleep. That may be due to the fact that I had two teas in the morning instead of one.
Today I turned nine weeks along. I would like to get another picture up soon. Maybe on Saturday.
Just wanted to let Dawn know, that I do believe Pepperidge Farm sells Tim Tam's. For those who don't know, Dawn is planning on doing a Tim Tam Slam when she hits an 80 pound weight loss.
I'm a little tired right now. Thank you to you who signed up for my first give-a-way. As soon as a winner is drawn I will post the good news.
Now for my food intake today
Food Diary:
1/3 cup of oatmeal: 100
6 egg whites:96
1/2 grapefruit: 40
1 tbl of heavy whipping cream in tea: 45
total: 281
4 oz Blue Hake: 80
spinach salad: 10
1 1/2 oz strawberry:10
carrots:9
cucumber:4
radish:4
pepper:4
1 tbl of heavy whipping cream in tea: 45
total:166
------------
running total: 447
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
4 oz blue Hake: 80
total: 165
----------------
running total: 612
6 egg whites: 96
1/3 cup of oatmeal:100
total: 196
-------------
running total: 808
5 oz of strawberries post cardio: 45
--------------
running total: 853
3 egg whites: 48
1 1/2 oz of blue hake:30
salad (same as mid-morning snack): 41
1/4 cup of brown rice: 45
total:164
-----------------
running total: 1,017
7 ounces of pineapple pre-and during work-out: 93
running total: 1,110
post work-out:
chocolate protein shake: 110
5 oz banana: 125
total: 235
------------------
running total: 1,345
1 tbl of heavy whipping cream in tea: 45
------------
running total: 1,390
water intake: about 1/2 a gallon of water
fitness:
*five minute warm-up run and then 10 wind sprints lasting 33 seconds with 60 to 90 second rest inbetween
*45 minute leg work-out
* 337 push-ups in sets of 32,32, 39, 39, 32, 32, 28, 28, 75---Yeah! I finally did 75 push-ups in a row!!
Today's challenge: Working out on the reduced calories
Today's victory: 75 push-ups in a row and keeping to my calories.
Well, Sunshine Mama is spent. I'm sorry I haven't been visiting blogs like I'd like to, but it's been really hard to get out there lately. I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. Thank you for taking the time to visit me.
Well, it's practically Friday folks! I know you can do it!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

9 comments:

  1. LOL...maybe it'd be better if I didn't happen to win this!

    Who am I kidding...I hope I'm the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello chocolate! Looks pretty darn good. Congrats on the 2 pounds dropped. Your diet did that and all your hard work. I made a big salad yesterday for us to have all weekend and got fresh produce. It is delicious and reminds me spring is here! Well, it officially starts tomorrow, so HAPPY SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a chocolate fan, but occasionally will have a little dark chocolate because it is the perfect finish to a great meal.

    However, I do love this Hot Cinnamon tea by Harney & Sons. It's a loose tea and takes the sweet edge off I get at night. It's been awhile since I have it and need to get back into that nighttime ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have a question.......and an observation. 1400 calories - is it enough for a pregnant woman? I'm a bit worried about you (no, not on sermon box!)....just expressing concern. I agree with the new direction you've taken with clean eating, but think you might be short-changing your baby's / pregnant mom's requirements.

    I'd love to have participated in your give-away and really appreciate your invitation on my blog, but I live in Canada!? We feel so left out sometimes! LOL!

    Keep on being our inspiration Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not big on chocolate. Thank goodness for that. I need all the help that I can get. I am glad the scale is doing what you want it to. Maybe I should fly you to me so you can train me!! Your fitness is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! I agree with the another gal's post...maybe it wouldn't be good for me to win! HAHAHA! :) The chocolate looks good! Great job on the 2 lbs! YAY!

    Sorry you feel so tired! (((HUGS))) The first trimester is ALWAYS very sleepy one for me also! In fact, that is often how I know I'm pg...I start falling asleep sitting up etc! HAHA! :)

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I knew it, America has EVERYTHING! :) Said with jealousy! :) We small country Canadians just love to have something up on our big,world neighbours!

    It's so great for you to see that eating right has a direct effect on your weight, even in your condition.

    I bet you're even more tired with this baby, because on top of the physical fatigue, you are caring for a brood of other kids. Sleep away. Thanks that you continue to find time to keep us entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I really REALLY want to win this giveaway!

    I love reading your eats and workouts! I think you are such a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like you were ahem-ing at me about the chocolate... ;-) LOL. Man I want to win this one (but probly better for me if I don't haha!) need to catch up and see who the lucky winner is...

    ReplyDelete