Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Sunday, March 14, 2010

Olive Oil On Organic Popcorn...And My High Fat Day

There are three bags of microwave popcorn in one box of Newman's Own Organic Pop's Corn.
This is one of the items in the Newman's Own Organics give-a-way box. You can sign up for the give-a-way here.

This is what my first bag looked like after I popped it.
I actually accidentally scorched some kernels.
The ingredients on the box say: "organic popcorn". There are 3.5 servings at 110 calories a serving. So, if you eat the whole bag like I did, that would be...385 calories.
Then, if you add Newman's Own Organic olive oil....that would be an extra 150 calories per tablespoon...And since I didn't measure it, I'm thinking I added a good two tablespoons.
For a total of 685 calories altogether.
Here's how the popcorn looks with some olive oil glistening off the kernels. I salted it...and man, did it taste good. I did eat the entire thing. And I didn't even feel bad for consuming that many calories. It was a healthy treat....corn...a good source of fat...I just needed to add some protein to that. I had a chocolate protein shake.
Now, of course, you could go low cal on this and take out the olive oil and share this with your significant other and then you would only be consuming 192 calories.
-------------------------------------------------------------

So, I had another helping of organic popcorn again today.
Today has been a rather OFF eating day for me.
I normally eat 135 grams of protein everyday...
And today I just didn't "feel" like eating all that protein. Ha, ha.
So, instead I picked up a pound of mixed fruit and some
strawberries and then some whipping cream.
I took half of the fruit, added some strawberries and some banana and whipped up some whipping cream and then added it to the fruit mix.
It was so good I ate that mixture again after my two hour nap today.
And then, after that I had some popcorn with olive oil.
And after that, there was still some more cream left, so I added the rest to some tea.
I ate a whole box of whipping cream which is....let me see
16x45=720 calories
Yes, I do NOT normally eat that much fat in a day...good or bad.
Thank God it was good, right? Ha, Ha.
I know what you're thinking,
"Sunshine Mama is losing it because she's pregnant!"
I'm really not.
I'm just giving myself a little break before I spend the next upcoming weeks sticking to my diet like glue...so...that you know I can fit into my posing suit that's on order.
yah...that's right...
Wow...I'm feeling kind of hungry again.
Hmm....There is one more bag of popcorn left....
Well, I hope everyone is sticking to their diet.
And if it helps any, I did run four miles today and still plan to do over 300 push-ups tonight.
Have a good Monday, y'all!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

5 comments:

  1. 300 push ups??? I am lucky to do 3 which means I should be dong that instead of reading blogs. Though popcorn does sound yummy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn can do that to you. I am on such a salty kick. That popcorn looked darn good. If I shared with Greg it wouldn't be so bad.

    Sounds like you got a good run in and your going to do your push ups. Not bad for a Sunday. Sundays bring out the lazy in me.

    Hope you have a great week. Good luck with the diet and don't forget your rest for baby peanut = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the baby wants the baby gets! and what the baby wanted was whipped cream! lol

    oh and to answer your pregunta on my page...I usually buy my staple things and just use whatever I have left in th house...I try to mix it up but it is usually the same ingredients being used over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn sounds so good right now! And don't worry about eating all the fruit (with some whipped cream)... it's getting balanced out anyway.

    The tortilla combo I made does seem a little odd. Irish's reaction was that I was crazy, but it's actually good. The sunflower seeds add a little crunch to the PB chewiness, and the honey sweetens it all just a little (I use natural PB with peanuts as the only ingredient, so it's unsweetened). I think it's pretty tasty, but if nobody else does, then it's just more for me!

    ReplyDelete