Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, March 15, 2010

Spelt Pretzels, Fatigue and Weight Fluctuations

I would definitely give these spelt pretzels from Newman's Own Organics a thumbs up! The outside of the package described the flavor as "light, slightly sweet and a nutty flavor".
I noticed they seemed to be more dense and filling than your typical pretzel. The lighter color of the outside of the pretzel was different. Also there are only five ingredients: organic spelt flour, organic sunflower oil, salt, yeast and sodium bicarbonate.
These spelt pretzels are part of the Newman's Own Organics give-a-way that you can sign up for here. Not included in the package of the Newman's Own Organics Give-a-way are their raisins, pictured left. I have some Sun Maid raisins, pictured right, for comparison. Newman's raisins were definitely a cut above the other raisins. They were more moist, juicier, they felt more plump in my mouth. I didn't encounter any too-dried out or crunchy raisins. The Sun Maid were good enough, but Newman's raisins were definitely a higher quality.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now onto a dish I threw together today....
Remember when I tried out Quinoa last week?
Well, it tasted a little bland. So to get the taste buds going, I added some salt to the water that I cooked it in. I could definitely tell a difference with that...
Then, I cut up my chicken in small pieces, added some avocados, and also added I teaspoon of Newman's Own Organic olive oil. Then...some salt and pepper.
Much, much better.
Fatigue and Weight Fluctuations...

Remember all that fat I inhaled last night? A whole 8 oz container of heavy whipping cream, a whole bag of Newman's Own Organic Pop's Corn with some olive oil on it?
Well...I lost 1.4 pounds this morning.
But don't get too excited...I pretty much ate too many pretzels while trying out these spelt pretzels. So...there may be a gain tomorrow.
But I did do some sprints tonight...plus I was in the gym for awhile tonight getting in a leg and ab work-out.
I finally hit a sticking point on my push-ups program last night. I did 32, 32, 39, 39, 32, 32, 28, 28 and on the 9th set I was going for 75, but could only hammer out 63. So, I completed a tenth set of 13 more push-ups for a total of:337. That's the most I've done in ten sets, but even if you take what I was able to do in nine sets: 325...that's still more than what I did two days ago in nine sets..316.
I am MOST definitely feeling a lot more tired lately. And I'm pretty sure it's because I'm pregnant. I've noticed that my five mile runs are feeling a little slower...weight lifting isn't so bad once I get there, but I can tell I don't seem to have as much gusto as I usually have.
Despite the fatigue I press on because I know that this fatigue will lessen after the first trimester. I also know that working out will make me feel less nauseous, and will also keep my weight at a good level.
Well, speaking of fatigue, I must hit the sack. It's almost midnight.
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

7 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I am so excited for you that this pregnancy is going to be so different! I can TOTALLY relate to gaining 20 pounds in the first trimester - like you, my first five babies ALL had that typical gain. Ugh. I loved the babies but hated the pregnancies, you know?

    Number six was HUGELY different with a 23 pound overall total gain, because of eating mostly fruits & vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. BUT I was not able to manage the diet change AND the exercise.

    So that's why, I am so happy for you to have such a firm foundation of exercise + your newfound knowledge and excitement of eating natural whole foods. You are going to be that fit, healthy, glowing pregnant woman everyone looks at wistfully and wishes they had "those genes". Ha ha yeah right. It's HARD work!

    But so, so worth it. I'm looking forward to your progress and especially your pictures. Keep up the FANTASTIC work - you know you're going to feel so, so good in your second trimester!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Sunshine Mama. I am feeling beat today. I don't know what is going on. My workouts have been good and consistent. Sleep has been normal. My eating much be the problem. I have had some bad days at work too and just need an attitude adjustment today, I think. Your Quinoa looks great. I like the idea of the shredded chicken in there. Yum. I didn't know that fatigue lessens after the 1st trimester. That is good to know. Just keep trucking thought this next month and then breath easy (hopefully)

    Hope you all have a good day and get to play outside again! The sun and warmer weather is coming out way today and tomorrow. Maybe that is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the injustice of that scale!!! It's so funny to me. I'm crossing the border into your country tomorrow and am going to pick up those pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that I like the quinoa best as a veggie pilaf or confetti type thing. I cook it with some chicken stock from the freezer (but low fat/low sodium chicken/veg broth from the store would work) & add some small diced veggies like red bell pepper, celery, carrots, green onion & a clove or two of garlic that I broth sautee. Mix it all togeher with a little lemon pepper for seasoning (or a squirt of fresh lemon jucie if you have it) & red pepper flakes if you want some heat. Meat mixes in well & it reheats pretty good, too.

    Have a great week!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... After reading everything you are doing exercise wise I feel really weak and I think I need to step it up. In regards to your eating I am glad I found a blog where you aren't eating sugar free stuff. I love that I can relate to what you eat since I want to make more changes in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason I've actually lost weight this trimester. I'll be 12 weeks next weekend. Which is ok but with my first one I had already gained quite a bit. I had morning sickness really bad with my first and the only thing that would make my tummy happy was junk food.

    My fatigue is already fading. Infact, yesterday I had SO much energy I didn't know what to do with myself. Hang in there girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing so well. I wish I had the energy you have for your workouts. I need to get on board your plan.

    ReplyDelete