Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunshine Mama Is Sick

Hi friends!

Just a quick post here to let you all know that eating salt water taffy and chicken noodle soup on a "touchy" stomach is not a good idea.

Going into Friday, two of our children were throwing up. Well, Saturday morning came along...and two more went down with some throwing up and fever.

That brought the sick total to four in the house.

Then, my husband declared he was sick, but it wasn't throwing up. It was that gastro intestional bug that makes your stomach cramp with pain every once in awhile. He felt so aweful, he had to lay down all day.

I decided I wasn't doing too bad, except I did have that occasional stomach pain going on that my husband had, but I wasn't feeling completely incapcitated.

So, on an errand to the store to pick up chicken noodle soup, crackers and 7-up for my sick family, I decided to also pick up some salt water taffy. I hadn't eaten much, so I went to the store hungry. I was very tempted to also buy some cherry cheesecake from the deli, some of those chocolate covered donettes that Hostess makes, some ice cream...but I resisted all that and just picked up some salt water taffy.

So, I had some salt water taffy...several pieces then fixed chicken noodle soup for everyone. I had some too.

Well, I think you all know what's coming. A few hours later, I am having stomach pains that were in addition to the gastro intestional pains. These were the pains that were saying they were NOT happy about my recent food choices.

Let's just say, I felt much better after I threw it all up. And, that I was very glad that I also did not eat cherry cheesecake, chocolate covered donettes and ice cream.

The only person in the house who didn't get sick is 5-year-old Iris Anna. I'm convinced that I got both sicknesses, the gastro intestional one...which is still going on with me, and the throwing up one that the kids got.

But I am feeling better this evening and have been keeping down the food that I've eaten.

But don't worry. I still have some salt water taffy left, but I will be holding off on that for a little while yet.

Hope you're all doing well.

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I was hoping it wouldn't spread to the whole house. Hang in there and get some good rest, if you can. Sorry this hit your house - at least there will still be salt water taffy when your up to it = )

    I love vanilla salt water taffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better. We're sick here too - only head ache, ear aches, sore throat, fever sick. I think I prefer that to throwing up sick, unless there's some weight loss involved! :) Feel better everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you feel better soon. Seems like everyone everywhere is getting sick. I have pictures up of chicken at Popeyes just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking yikes! That sounds horrible...I hope it isn't blog contagious!

    Feel better...all of you.

    ReplyDelete