Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, June 18, 2010

Fantasy Food Friday...Culver's Grilled Chicken Cashew Salad

Hi friends!
Welcome to another edition of Fantasy Food Friday where I talk about foods that I fantasize about but shouldn't necessarily eat.

In today's food choice, the only thing that really makes this fantasy food "bad" is the cheese and the dressing you put on it. This is what I ordered last weekend at Culvers...their grilled chicken cashew salad.

I absolutely love it. I always have and probably always will. There are 443 calories in one salad, but with the Thousand Island dressing that I drizzled on it, I may have added another 100 calories. But, seriously, I think this fantasy food is definitely something you could make a meal of. It's a good source of protein-the chicken, good source of fat-the cashews, and well, you can't complain about getting in your veggies.

Of course, you may have to put on some light dressing.
And it really is a big as my husband's head...

See?
I probably would have just eaten that but my husband ordered fried cheese curds, another one of my fantasy foods. And since I am a Wisconsinite...I ate a few.

But here's a close-up with some Thousand Island dressing slathered on it.
Yummy!
So, that's my fantasy food.
Is there a salad that you know of that is a little on the higher fat end, but is mouthwatering none-the-less?
C'mon, I know there's at least some "bad" salad out there that you all crave.
How about taco salad?
Ha! Maybe I should save that for next week
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, in the spirit of making a good salad,
I'm sharing with you all the new little "salad bar" method that I came up with to make making salads a little easier to do. I just pre-cut everything and put them into containers so that all I have to do is plop on my toppings.
From what Sarah from Germany said, it sounds like she already does this.
I don't know why it took me so long to get my act together.

Now doesn't this look good?
For this spinach salad, the total calories are about 60 calories of salad and two teaspoons of Newman's olive oil and vinegar dressing (50 calories) for a total of 110 calories.
Not bad. Definitely not as many as the Culver's version.
Well, I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

6 comments:

  1. MMMMM, that salad does look really good. I absolutely love how your husband is such a good sport in all the pictures!!

    I love the Oriental Chicken salad and the Santa Fe Chicken Salad from Applebee's. They have TONS of calories but are SOOO good. Yum.

    I hope you make some strawberry jam; it's not that hard and it is supremely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've totally arrived...made it. Daddy Rainmaker has commented on my site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell him it made my day!

    I must send you some Tim Tam's if you can't find any in your area. Let me know if find some on line, otherwise, please e-mail a post box I can mail some too. You've got to try the SLAM!

    Salad - yum. I hate Thousand Island Dressing - reminds me of my Grandmother! hee hee! I love salads with loads of cheese, so I have to really watch my portions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks superb! I love spinach salad. That really is a genius idea about the salad toppings. I've never thought of that, but it would make life easier on weeknights. Greg loves, LOVES Culvers! We don't have them here. He took me to one when I first made the trip to Wisconsin with him. We also did some work one summer in college in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and there was Culver's there. I like their orange vanilla ice cream. It's like those bars you find at the store. I think they are called orangsicles? Something like that. They are my favorite, but a sugar-free popsicle is great too and a fraction of the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the salads at Chili's but they are all so fattening I would do better just eating something else. Now to get my daughter to eat a salad. I love Ranch dressing so that is hard for me. The low fat leaves a nasty taste so I eat the regular. One tablespoon doesn't go very far though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. While not scientific, I have also experimented with pre-cutting veggies for salads and increases the chances of preparing a salad for a meal by roughly 74.3%...don't quote me on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too honest record of the day Asics Shoes and night reversed due to the old state of crisis.
    Motorcycle Fairings
    "Star pattern" No.2: puppet pattern
    Face thin, Asics Shoes angular on the mirror of course beautiful

    ReplyDelete