Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Sunday, June 13, 2010

KFC's 540 Calorie Double Down...We Tried It

Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

I've got something fun to talk about today. Has anyone ever heard of KFC's new double down sandwich...."so meaty, there's no room for a bun"

I was reading the Saturday paper yesterday when I read an article penned by some local gal who was saying how health critics "couldn't believe" that KFC's new unhealthy debut sandwich was allowed to stay on the menu. While 540 calories is a lot...I could think of a few other sandwiches that are a lot more calories than 540 calories. Plus...I was thinking...granted it does have a lot of salt at 1,300 milligrams, but still that's a lot of protein.

It's basically a sandwich which has two fried chicken breast on the outside with two pieces of bacon, two pieces of cheese and their special sauce in the middle.

Apparently it's been a hit with over 10 million sold. After reading about it's description, my husband declared that it sounded so good and unhealthy he wanted to try it out. So, last night we went to KFC and this is what he ordered... Whoever thought of this was either a genius or just plain lucky. I mean it's pretty simple don't you think?
I mean I could see the cooks in back saying to each other...'Hmm, I wonder if "this" would taste good?', And then slapping it together. It's not like the cheese is even "melty".

Here it is halfway eaten. Well, it was a hit with my husband. I even had a bite and I liked it.

Oh, and SunshineMeg isn't the only one who likes KFC's mashed potatoes and gravy.

My husband does too...with pepper on top.
Well, that's where my husband ordered his food. We went someplace else for me. In fact, I've decided to use my food for Fantasy Food Friday this week.
I'll give you a clue.
This food is as big as my husband's head. Ha, ha!
I even took a picture just to make sure, and it is.
Well, I hope you all had a great weekend!
Time to buckle down for Monday!
You can do it!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

2 comments:

  1. You are killing me with the mashed potatoes! I love pepper on mine too. The double down does not tempt me in the slightest. It confuses me! Ha. Greg thinks it's the most genius idea ever. What did your husband say about it? Did he love it? I'm intrigued.

    Thanks for the buckle down comment! It is always important to start the week off on the right foot! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BigGirlgoingtobeSkinnyAugust 29, 2010 at 5:13 AM

    i love KFC but this new double down sandwich looks gross to me and i can eat lot so yeah im not tempted to even try it to fatty for me lol.


    the mashed potatoes L.O.V.E :)

    ReplyDelete