Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Thursday! I'm 19 Weeks...Two Days Along

Happy Thursday folks!
I turned another week along...so to speak since it actually happens on Tuesdays, but I'm used to announcing it on Thursday because that what I did before the ultrasound recalibrated my due dates.
I'm still feeling very happy about the good ultra sound results that I got last week that said our baby boy is doing just fine and growing the way he's suppose to. Now...I feel perfectly at ease if someone says to me that I don't even look pregnant, because I know in my mind that my baby is measuring just the way he's suppose to.
I even had this thought, that maybe I don't look very pregnant because maybe the baby is attached "deeper" to the insides of me. Ha, Ha! ok...now that I said that it sounds funny. What's probably going on is that I'm just not used to being somewhat "small" during a pregnancy. I say "somewhat" small because I feel kind of fat right now after losing so much weight. However, compared to all my other pregnancies I'm weighing a good twenty pounds less than I was at this same time in my other pregnancies.
This is actually a very strange place to be. First, I lose all this weight. Get a killer body and then get pregnant and have to somehow be ok with gaining back some fat.
Lately I've been thinking that I'd like to start up running again. I haven't been doing much of any cardio. Then, I had this wild hair thought that I'd like to be in half way decent shape to run in the same winter running series that I did last winter in December, January and February. But the December run is only one month after having a baby. The only way I could pull that off is if I were running before the baby was born. Either that or doing a bunch of elliptical cardio which is very similar to running.
Hmm....
Anyway, I hope I didn't startle anyone too much by mentioning in yesterday's post that I've been researching polygamy in the Mormon Fundamentalist Church. I was contemplating doing a post this weekend in bullet proof style of several things that I've learned. Maybe I could call it it "Sunshine Mama's Saturday Soapbox." Ha! You know, where I talk about topics completely unrelated to diet and exercise.
Well, that's about it for now. Tomorrow is Fantasy Food Friday (FFF). And, for the first time, I'm not sure what it will be about. Anybody have any good ideas?
Is there a food that you think I might like that I should try out?
Is there a food that you think I really like but haven't mentioned?
Well, it is practically the weekend, so I hope you have a good one!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you've mentioned any odd cravings during your pregnancy. Perhaps that could be an inspiration for FFF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea from Kyle! Any cravings? That picture today is great. I eat 5 large strawberry with a plop of fat free whipped cream every night! It has become what I look forward to after a workout and dinner. I sometimes add blueberries to the mix or a small drizzle of Hershey's syrup over the whipped cream if I have done good with calories for the day.

    Are you a mental calculator? What I mean is do you add up your calories all day and try to stay under a certain amount? I do that. I've been doing great lately. I am running in a 5k in a few weeks and have been focused about being ready.

    Soapbox Saturday sounds interesting. I think your readers value your opinion - or they wouldn't be reading!

    Greg's knee is so much stronger now. Amen. He is doing elliptical and today is actually his first day trying to job in physical therapy. I think he is ready, but he has trouble trusting it. The physical therapist is very nice and seems to really know how far to push and when not to. We have a lot to do this weekend. Work has kept us both very busy and little things have seemed to pile up to take care of. Funny how that happens. There will be time for some relaxation too though! Happy weekend to you and the Sunshine crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl....sorry I haven't been posting much lately...work and the farm are nuts right now...on top of that, I'm trying to win the battle on the weeds in my never-ending flower beds!

    So, wrt the running, if you feel okay, then run. If you feel anything is off, then don't. Elliptical is much less jarring, so it's likely a good alternative. Do what you feel right doing!

    I'm back on track, back on weight watchers, back moving my @ss and drinking water and making wiser food choices. Fresh is best so I'm sticking with unprocessed, whole, real foods for the next while to see if I can jumpstart my weight loss again!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think having a day where you write about things you read or are researching sounds interesting. It's your blog. Do as you like!!! I wish i was smart enough to have not gained so much weight when I was pregnant. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. Do we get a new pic. at week 20???

    ReplyDelete