Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hola Compadres!

I actually know a little Spanish. At one time I had decided to minor in Spanish but then gave up on it when I realized how time consuming it was. Also, a part of me thought, "all I need to do is spend six months in a Spanish speaking country and I will be fluent."

But that never happened. Ha! But I have the accent down. At least I think I do.

Anyway, I am in a good mood. I went to the gym in the later afternoon which I know is a big reason for my good mood. I worked my legs and now they feel great! I have positive thoughts running through my head. I've been eating healthy. Here is part of my breakfast. The combination of walnuts and banana work great together. And then recently I've been adding a teaspoon of sugar with the cinnamon and I just love it. I can't wait to eat in the morning. I stopped making steel cut oats when I realized that I actually prefer "quick oats".

Lately I've also been adding sugar, coffee creamer and a little cream to my coffee, and I love that too.

And, of course strawberries with sugar and more cream.
I added some bits of summer sausage and cheese to my scrambled eggs which tastes so good.
However, I have not been eating my salads like I should, so I have an idea.
I think part of the problem is that I have to cut everything up every time I have a salad, yet I love salad bars.
So, I think I'm going to have everything cut up for the week ahead of time and then plop on my toppings the way I like them.
Other than that, I would like to get to the strawberry patch tomorrow.
Hopefully it won't rain when I go.
SunshineMeg asked me what makes my dad a "master strawberry picker".
That's a very good question.
I could write a news story on his strawberry picking prowess...you know pretend I'm a reporter again and do an article with pictures. But he's out of town right now. Maybe when he comes back. I hope he comes back before the strawberries go bad.
Well, I haven't been a very good blogger lately.
And I'm sorry for that.
But if I can get to the strawberry patch tomorrow I will bring my camera.
Adios!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

3 comments:

  1. "This is Sunshine Mama reporting live from the local strawberry patch! I'm here with Sunshine Dad for breaking news! This just in - the strawberries are ready!!!"

    Haha, that would be hilarious (as well as informative = ) Glad you got your workout in and can relax. The feeling you get after a good workout should be bottled up and sold. If only that was possible.

    Well, today is an at home study day with my license program. I am studying for a property and casualty license in the state of Maryland. I am going to head to the library when it opens and set up shop there for the day. If I stay home, I'll start cleaning or doing this or that. So I must run - have a great day. You are doing great my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there.....salads are good for you!

    Um, could you share a typical leg workout with me? with us?

    I'm back at working out again, finally and needs some new ideas.....

    Merci (I am fluent as well, honestly, I grew up in Montreal, I can read, write and speak French fluently, can understand most and speak a little Portuguese and Spanish).

    Obrigada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Spanish my amigo!!! I love salads to but they take to long to make so I cut up everything that needs to be cut up and put them all in the fridge. Then I just have to take out what I need when I make a salad. So much easier..

    ReplyDelete