Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, October 19, 2009

An Assessment Of Things

Day 29 of six weeks

weight today: same

total lost: 4 pounds in four weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 tsp of sugar: 15
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee: 30
with sweet-n-low:0
total: 195

1/2 cup of brown rice: 113
3 oz of chicken breast: 105
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
total:223
----------------
running total: 418

1 large eggs: 140
1 lefse: 30
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese:80
1/4 cup of fruit in heavy syrup:45
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total: 325
----------------
total:743

2 cookie snacks:150
1/2 cup of brown rice:113
3 oz of chicken breast: 105
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
total: 223
total:373
--------------
running total: 1,116

1 1/2 cup of cereal: 240
3/4 cup of 1 % milk: 83
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
total: 333
----------------
running total: 1,449

1 slice of Natural Ovens Bakery Oatmeal bread:110
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
1 tsp of Natural peanut butter:33
total:158
---------------
running total: 1,607
Today's challenge: hydration, am happy to be back to my normal diet

Actual fitness: 4 mile run, 60 minute leg work-out, abdominal routine once

Note on picture: This is a mini-loaf of bread that was served to us hot out of the oven at the place my husband took me out to eat at last Saturday. So, it was still warm and I even had some melty butter on it. It was whole wheat bread as a I could taste the grain. I estimated a single slice to be about 75 calories, which is It think is pretty close to accurate when compared to larger slices that I have at home. plus with the butter it put me at 200.

An Assessment Of Things

Today might be a good day to update you all on my progress in this diet and of the last weekend and what I learned about myself.

First things first, I've incorporated a change in my diet that I began last week. I no longer eat protein shakes during my 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. snacks. Instead, I am eating whole foods like a 3 oz chicken breast and half a cup of brown rice with 1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter.

There are a few reasons for this. I have read recently that protein shakes may cause your stomach to feel upset or queasy, which is actually something I have experienced. Also, I think whole foods will fill me up more than a shake. And finally, I think perhaps my body would prefer the whole foods as fuel. Because I'm trying to skim off the last several pounds, this is something I'm trying to see how it works. I don't want to cut below 1,400 calories as I feel my body needs that fuel.

It appears that I am averaging about a one pound a week weight loss. I anticipate dropping perhaps two more pounds this week. I've noticed that the weight loss seems to happen in every ten days increments. It does not come off at exactly on time at one pound a week rather it seems to average that.

I'm fine with that.

After eating out this weekend, I think I did ok. I feel like I could still work on the whole stopping eating when full thing. When we ate out on Saturday, I was soo stuffed. There was an eight oz chicken breast involved and I probably should have just ate half of it. But one of those things I struggle with is the idea that I don't have to clean off the plate. Also, I need to work on my food choices and learning to take the lower calorie version.

But this whole thing is a learning process, and well...we're learning and improving right?

The final thing, is that I might be racing in a 5K race this weekend. On Saturday.

Ok, I just got a little nervous writing that.

Other than that, I hope you all had a great weekend and are having a great day today!

2 comments:

  1. I love my protein shakes because i load them up with fruits and spinach ... I don't think I can give them up.
    They cause you stomach upset? Well that's no good.
    I hope your new plan gives you the results you're looking for.

    I have the same problem with the clean plate club. I've thought about serving myself less in the first place but haven't gotten there yet :)
    Would make sense, eh?

    Have a great day, SM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Sounds like the whole foods swap may be a good call if you are having upset stomach. Nothing worse than feeling bad and then having to go for a run.

    Been thinking about a 5k myself. Greg just started running. He has always just used weights, but a few years ago tore his ACL playing basketball. He sits at a desk all day and has been having tightness. He started running a bit with me and now is up to 2 miles. I think a 5k might be a great thing to do together, like you did the half with your bro. We will just have to see how things go.

    I think you did good with the eating this weekend. Isn't it funny to think there was a time you wouldn't have thought twice about going out on a date and pigging out? Now you ponder your portion size and calorie content.

    You really did change your lifestyle. You are not a dieter anymore. You have a new norm. I think that is cool if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete