Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, October 10, 2009

The "Talk" With My Monkey

Day 20 of six weeks

Weight Today: lost one pound

Total lost: 4 pounds in 20 days

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:195

1 Hardee's cini-mini with frosting:125
1 Hardee's 3/4 of 1 french toast stick:50
1 Ritz cracker:16
total:241
-------------------
running total: 436

2 large eggs:140
1 lefse:30
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese:80
3 oz of sliced strawberries:27
with 1 tsp of sugar:15
total: 292
-----------------
running total: 728

during 10 mile run:
1 espresso bean gel:100
1 chocolate outrage gel:100
post run:
1/2 cup of brown rice:85
with 1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
3 1/2 oz of chicken breast:123
1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total: 488
---------------------
running total: 1216

1 1/2 cup of chicken and rice dish:230
1 tbl of creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
1 Schwan's Bomb Pop:45
total:305
--------------
running total:1521

Today's challenge: Getting in my long run. I'm out of energy gels...so I have to pick some up before I run...or think of something else to eat along the way.

Planned Fitness: 10 mile run, my abdominal routine once.

Note on picture: Pumpkins are really healthy for you. Even if their upside down. Not only are they low-calorie to eat for say... pumpkin pie, or roasting the seeds, but their fun to cup open to make strange faces with. To see how we fared at the pumpkin patch yesterday, click here.

The "Talk" With My Monkey

Well, you all knew it would have to happen. Doesn't it always? Things are going well between you and the monkey. It was love at first sight with those big brown eyes, cuddly face. Gosh, he even got along with my kids.

But we finally had to have "the talk".

You know...the break-up talk.

So, yesterday, after all that encouragement from my blog readers I sat down with my monkey to try and break it to him as gently as possible.

"Hey, I just don't think it's going to work with you being here. I think it's time to go."

"What?! What have I done wrong. I thought you liked me. We ate together, we went places together."

"Yah, but I don't like it when you jump on my back when I step on the scale."

"But I can stop."

"No, I just don't think..."

"Please don't send me away....you can teach me how to do some tricks, like fetch the remote..."

"No, I don't need that, that's why I have five kids."

"Or I could rake your leaves..."

"No, really, my kids can do that too. Now that I think of it, my kids already do everything that you do."

Sorry, folks but this is when things got passionate.

"Yah, well, they can't throw poop like I can!!!"

"Well, actually, yes, they can. But at least they don't eat it like I've seen you're cousins do in the zoo!"

"What!! How dare you mention another monkey in front of me."

"Well, you just need to...to...shoo, go back to the zoo where you came from."

"Fine!! I see what this is about! It's another monkey!!"

"Well, if it is...it's at least a lighter monkey because I just lost another pound this morning!!"

"Fine. I'm outta here."

"Fine!! Adios. I've had enough of your monkey business!"

Well, that break-up ended up being tougher than I thought it'd be, friends, but ...I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for all your support.

3 comments: