Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Defining Your Decisons

Day 16 of six weeks

Weight today: same

Total lost: 2 pounds in 16 days

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:195

3 oz banana:75
vanilla protein shake:110
1 tsp of flax seed oil:40
total:225
--------------
running total:420

1 large eggs: 140
1 lefse:30
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese:80
3 oz of sliced strawberries: 27
with 1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:322
-------------------
running total:742

2 1/2 oz banana:62
vanilla protein shake:110
1/2 graham cracker sheet: 35
pretzels: 30
total: 237
---------------
running total: 979

1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
3 1/2 oz of chicken breast:123
2/3 cup of brown rice: 150
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
pretzels: 25
total:342
-------------------
running total:1322

Today's challenge: My left foot continues to hurt a little. It's rainy and overcast...also have been feeling really snacky lately...so need to watch that.

Actual fitness: 4-mile run, my abdominal routine once

Note on picture: Not the most exciting food in my diet...but gave me the good carbohydrate that I was looking for. Toasted Natural Oven's Baker "Weight Sense" bread: 50, 1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter: 15, 1 tsp of grape jelly:15. Total: 80.

Defining Your Decisions

Yesterday a friend of mine, who had started a business several months ago said to me,

"If I could just avoid making the wrong decision, I could make money. If I could, at the very least, make 48 percent wrong decisions and 52 percent right decisions I would make money."

He had obviously thought this through due to some bad decisions that they had recently made regarding their business venture.

But it got me thinking, because I could probably tick off in five seconds five bad decisions I've made regarding my own financial prosperity. I thought, "If only I could have made the right decision, it's true, I would be making more money right now."

I've heard that one of the reasons they encourage teaching young children to learn how to play chess, is that it forces them to consider how decisions they make affect the future. It makes them think through a scenario and all of its causes and effects. Apparently this is something that is learned.

Thinking through a decision and all it entails takes some mental work. But, not doing that can cost you money. Yet doing it, can save and make you money.

When you take control of your eating, you learn that you are in control of deciding what does and doesn't go into your mouth. You learn that making good decisions makes you feel better, look better, lose weight, makes you happier, and bad decisions makes you feel sluggish, slow, unwieldy, and unhealthy.

The difference between making decisions about food and exercise versus what you should do to make your business more profitable is that the good choices are more obvious.

Eating an apple versus a doughnut is not a risky move. You know that's a good decision.

But the perhaps what's not talked about as much is that being healthy is also a good business decision.

*Smaller clothes cost less money.
*Less food equals smaller grocery bills.
*A healthy heart means less heart attack risk, which means fewer visits to the doctor.
*Actually, better health and fewer doctor visits could probably take up several reasons.
*You can walk or run to the store instead of taking the car.
*Increased confidence to spread your wings and make better use of your time and your life. This can make you money in perhaps starting a side business that you've always wanted to do.

So, these are ways that eating better will save or make you money.

There's also the emotional savings. You feel better. You are happier.

So, I guess the question you need to ask yourself is this,

"If you thought through the cause and effects of your food choices, in the same way that you would a business decision, would you eat differently?"

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that tidbit about teaching your kids to play chess....

    I try to plan and pause before I reach for the wrong food. Half my bad reaches are due to impulses and once I think about it, I put it back.

    ReplyDelete