Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, October 1, 2009

I. Am. Tuckered.

Day 11 of six weeks

Weight today: same

Total lost: 2 pounds in 11 days

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
with 1 tsp of sugar:15
and cinnamon:0
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:195

Today's challenge: Staying focused on being on-calorie and not snacking. I've been having snacking urges lately.

Actual fitness: 50 minute chest and tricep work-out, my abdominal routine once.

Note on picture: I have SOO been into peanut butter lately, that I have actually been substituting this snack in place of a protein shake, which of course isn't the equivalent protein. But, it definitely meets my peanut butter urges. This is one slice of Rotella toasted Italian bread:50, with 1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15, with 2 tsp of Natural peanut butter:66 for a total of 131 calories of heaven.

I. Am. Tuckered.

So, I ran that half-marathon last weekend, improved my average mile time from 9:45 a mile to 8:45 a mile...

Now what?

Well, now I am training for some 5K races, which is basically 3.1 miles. I've decided that now that I've cut some weight, I'd like to cut more weight while improving my speed. So, this week I've altered my running to train specifically for the 5K distance.

There is a race on October 24th called "Run From The Cops" that I want to run in. Why this race? Because it's put on by a police department, and I thought, "How fun would that be? And then to get a t-shirt that says "Run from the Cops." I'm already trying to talk my sister-in-law and brother into running it too.

Which reminds me, I forgot to mention that my brother also broke two hours when he ran the half-marathon last Saturday. He finished in an 1 hour and 58 minutes. This beats his half marathon time from May by 24 minutes.

Anyway, not only do I want to train specifically for 5K's, but I'm going to keep up on my distance training by fitting in a ten mile run every other weekend. This way, if I see a half marathon that I'd like to run in, then I don't have to spend another 12 weeks training for it, because my body is already used to running those long distances.

So, the reason for the title of this post, is because I ran a speed work-out yesterday and I am feeling a little tired. I mean it wasn't like a seriously fast speed work-out, but I guess I forgot how speed workouts can really wear you out.

As for the weight training arena of my fitness program, I have decided to add another day of leg workouts. I feel like my legs are ready to take on another day. This will mean two hours a week of weight lifting my legs and then the other two days of working my triceps, chest, back and biceps.

Besides wanting to sculpt my body, and look fit, there are two other benefits that I see to four hours a week of weight training on my body.

1.) Without a doubt, the weight lifting on my legs is making me a stronger runner. As time goes on, I am curious to see how it affects my overall speed.

2.) I've pondered the idea of competing in a body building fitness competition and the weight training is good to keep doing for if and when I decide to get serious about doing something like that.

Finally, I'm entering the second week of attempting to continue a two pound a week average weight loss drop. I'd really like to see five more pounds drop by October 14, which is my birthday. But as I've pointed out before, I'm not sure if this will occur because I'm getting down there.

Oh, I'm glad some of you are curious about these Bomb pops. They are pretty tasty for only 40 calories. Also, the verdict isn't out yet on which one I like better so there will be more on that.

Have a nice October 1st, everyone. You can do it; Friday's almost here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you really did a great job on the time with the 1/2 marathon...and your brother cutting 24 minutes off it. AMAZING.

    Btw, after reading your post and what you have planned for today, I'm tuckered too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmm peanut butter. ;)

    Girl, you are just doing a fabulous job all around. I am just amazed at the time & work you put into your body. I have trouble working in my measly 30 minutes some days!

    Continued best wishes,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete