Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, October 23, 2009

The Other Side Of The Moon

Over 4 1/2 weeks of six weeks

Weight today: lost 1/2 pound

Total lost: 5 pounds in over 4 1/2 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
2 tsp of sugar with coffee:30
total: 225

1 slice of Rotella bread:55
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
2 tsp of natural peanut butter:66
total: 136
---------------
running total: 359

2 slices of Rotella bread:110
2 large eggs:140
2 tsp of Smart Balance Light butter:30
1/2 cup of orange juice:55
1 tbl of powder creamer in coffee:30
2 tsp of sugar in coffee:30
total: 395
-------------------
running total: 754

1 slice of Rotella bread:55
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
2 tsp of natural peanut butter:66
1/2 sheet of graham cracker:35
total: 171
--------------
running total: 925

2 oz of thin spaghetti: 200
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
3 oz of chicken breast:105
1/2 cup of cabbage salad:40
bites of son's garlic bread: 65
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
2 tsp of sugar in coffee:30
1 Blue Bunny Bomb Pop: 40
total: 525
------------------
running total: 1,450

2 tsp of sugar in Sleepytime tea: 30
-----
running total: 1,480

Today's challenge: hydration and keeping track of calories as I go.

Planned fitness: 2-4 mile run

Second day of no sweet-n-low: Yesterday, I felt a queasy stomach in the morning and maybe part of the afternoon. During a two mile run, around 4 p.m., I didn't feel any queasiness. My stomach actually wasn't upset for the rest of the day.

Note on picture: I finally cracked open some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea last night. My husband and I had been outside in the cold, rainy weather and needed something warm and relaxing to warm us up. If you've never had this stuff, it has chamomile which is an herb that helps you fall asleep. Celestial Seasonings also has cool little quotes and pictures on the box that you can look at too. They suggested adding honey, which I didn't have, so I just added two teaspoons of sugar.

The Other Side Of The Moon

I thought of this title last night to describe how I've been feeling lately about my current weight. Since my scale is so finicky, I'm very careful about making sure there really is a weight loss before posting it. Today, it definitely looks like I'm down a pound from the week before.

I'm having some strange feelings about my weight. The last time I was at this weight was about six years ago after I'd gotten back into shape when my seven-year-old was born. At that time I was training for road races. I'm one pound away from matching that weight from seven years ago.

I'm also currently two pounds away from matching the weight I weighed in college when I was racing...the weight I weighed before my 14-year-old daughter was born.

I keep thinking, that something is going to happen and I'm going to wake up one morning and the scale is going to take it all back. Like it had been pulling my leg all this time.

I feel like I'm going places I haven't gone in a long time. I'm going to the other side of the moon. The side I haven't seen in years. The side that not many people have seen in years.

It's the other side of numbers on the scale. The below side.

Last night I was at Blaine's Farm and Fleet. That place sells a LOT of candy and junk food. Oh, and I was craving it too. I sooo bad don't want to sabotage myself, though. If I just keep doing what I'm doing...working out...taking in 1,400 calories a day...the weight keeps dropping.

Slowly but surely.

But really, I thought to myself, "How can I do this for the rest of my life when all I want to do is buy something here and start eating it?"

I told that to my husband last night.

And he said, "But you are doing it. You're doing it everyday."

I suppose he's right. I can't look at it like..."the rest of my life"... but instead I should look at it as "a one day at a time" thing.

I just keep living and eating right one day at a time...and eventually, I suppose, walking on the other side of the moon won't seem so strange.

Would you all care to join me for a moon walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment