Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, October 15, 2010

Tincture And Oils...It's Finally Friday!

Hi folks!
We finally made it to another Friday. After yesterday's relaxing birthday, today proved to be a busy day for me. There was a lot of cooking involved beside all the homeschooling I did.

I got in my third work out of the week tonight, so I feel good about that. But I am very happy that tomorrow is Saturday, and I can't wait to go to bed tonight.

I just thought I'd share with you all what I have started to take to help "soften" my cervix for our baby's birth. My midwife recommended 1,300 milligrams of evening primrose oil. They come in soft gel form. I alternate taking three one day and two the next.

Then, instead of drinking five cups of raspberry leaf tea like my midwife suggested, I decided to go with the tea in extract form. The lady who helped me called it a "tincture". I put about 30 to 40 drops in some water and drink it like that. She assured me that it had the same strength as tea. I decided to go with it this way because I knew I would not want to make five cups of tea a day. Plus this version seemed to be a little cheaper. One of these ounces may last me about ten days.

When I went to the gym tonight, it's fun to talk to people about the upcoming birth. There is this excitement in the air because I'm beginning to get close to having this baby.

Do you realize I'm only eighteen days away from my due date?

After as long as I've been pregnant, it is exciting to me to think that very soon I'll be able to meet this little baby and add him to our family.

Today I saw a picture of a little baby girl in the newspaper who had been born on the way to the hospital. Her little face was so cute! I don't think I will have to worry about this baby being born en-route since we live only three blocks from the hospital. Heck, it will probably be good for me to walk there...it will help the contractions to get going.

Not.

I don't like to do a bunch of walking during my labor. I just like to stand and sway.

Wow. Even though I've had five kids, I feel like I'm entering uncharted water with this one because of the fact that every labor is different. Oh well.

I think I need to hit the sack now.

I hope you all have a great weekend. We'll be visiting with some family and celebrating a bunch of birthdays tomorrow.

Have a good one!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you're really enjoying yourself....keep up this amazingly positive attitude you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning!! And happy Saturday to you! Cannot believe you are almost to your due date!
    I have to tell you, I love that your using a midwife, and I love that she is going about getting you ready for labor and delivery in a natural way! That's so wonderful! My mom had 6 babies, all naturally, and she said that just as different as each baby was, so was each of their labors and deliveries. So in a sense, you are stepping into unchartered waters... it's a totally different experience with each lovie!

    So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete