Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Bassinet...And My Current Musical Tastes...

Hello y'all!

And, no, it is not country music that I listen to as the "end" of pregnancy draws near. But I shall share very soon...

But, first, here is where baby will sleep for the first three or four months. We have used this for the last four babies. It used to be able to vibrate, but that mechanism stopped working awhile back. But it does have rollers which makes it very convenient for moving it around the house if necessary. I usually roll this right up next to the bed, so I can be close to baby.


Now to answer the question that I posed to you all yesterday, "What kind of music do I listen to as the "end" draws near?"

I didn't know I listened to any special kind of music.

See, last Wednesday when I was having that very stressful day and was driving the kids to their flag football practice, I turned on the radio...looking for something...

And found it on the this classical music station. It just seemed to relax my nerves and served to soothe me during that hectic situation.

The next day, after my husband had the vehicle and discovered that the station was turned to classical music...he says to me, "Well, I can tell the end is near..."

I'm like, "What are you talking about?"

He says, "It doesn't fail, every time you get near the end you start listening to mellow music. Your music tastes change! The next thing I'm waiting to hear is you playing the 'Baby Sounds' cd."

I guess I never realized that.

He adds, "Yeah...you get weird like that. Everything has to be m-e-l-l-o-w."

And sure enough when I went to do a bunch of cooking on Friday, I pulled out this cd that I haven't listened to in awhile. It was a bunch of blues music from female vocalists. Songs like "Summertime" by Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong, "Cry me a River", with Dinah Washington, and "I Know How It Feels to be Lonely", Morgana King to name a few.

I won't let my daughter play the piano when I'm listening to "my" music. Ha, Ha!!

I think he may be right. With the last pregnancy I was really into watching the "Celtic Women" dvd, which also has some very beautiful, flowing music.

So, there you are...isn't it good to know that my altered musical tastes are changing right on schedule?

What would I normally listen to you ask?

Rock-n-roll of course!

You all remember my fascination with John Schlitt former lead singer of Petra don't you?

Well, I hope you all had a good weekend! Thank you for continuing to encourage me and compliment me. I really appreciate it.

My messy house finally got cleaned today. Several more loads of laundry were done. I had some strange pains in my stomach today that occurred after eating some food. I finally called a nurse advisor at the hospital and they thought I might have some air bubbles in my stomach, which maybe occurring because everything is so squished together because of the baby. So, I got some Gas X. Have never taken it before, but the tablets tasted good... like cherry.

I have another appointment this week on Tuesday with a midwife, but nothing much else is planned.

Have a good Monday!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the update after Tuesday. I bet little baby Mozart is getting ready! Keep that mellow mind frame over the next few days. We are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is it that your husband pays that close attention to you. How lucky are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is pretty neat that hubby noticed the changes with your taste in music even though you didn't!

    Stay calm and mellow you are getting closer!

    ReplyDelete