Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, August 23, 2010

A Ten Week Challenge

How many times have I failed
When I've been searching for success
How many times have I given up
In the face of some duress?
How can I count the ways
That I let my hunger win?
And shook my head in shame
As the pounds came on again?
But if ever there was a lesson learned
In all my weight gain woes
It's always to press...on again
Despite repeated blows
Today is new and never lived
A brand new slate the Master gives
To try once more and find a way
To beat the odds and win today.
Written by Sunshine Mama on August 23, 2010

Good morning friends!
I wrote this this morning.
And I'm pregnant.
Technically I'm not suppose to be trying to lose weight.
Perhaps it's good that I haven't succeeded, but perhaps bad that I feel like I'm gaining too much.
I do think I can be making healthier choices that would make my weight gain more reasonable.

So.

A ten week challenge.

I'm following my own advice and am staring a journal this morning. The problem is...that I don't
feel like keeping track of my calories. I really don't. I don't feel like cutting calories. And I probably shouldn't anyway. But I do know that I need to eat healthier.

But I have discovered that the very act of writing down what I eat will indeed help me to make healthier choices.

It will help you to eat healthier.

So, I grabbed a 70 page notebook that I picked up for ten cents that I got on a back-to-school sale.

Did you know that 70 pages equals 70 days? 70 days is ten weeks?

I have 71 days until I'm due. Ten weeks.

It's never to late to take control of our diet.

Never. Even in the last ten weeks of my pregnancy.

So, why don't you grab a cheap notebook too?

Not only write down what you ate, but write down how you feel. Fill up each page if you have to.

Let today...be the day.

If you don't want to do precise caloric calculations...ESTIMATE.

JUST. WRITE. IT. DOWN.

Trust me on this.

And at the end of ten weeks...

We'll see how much I've maintained...how little I've gained...

And how much you have lost.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you!
    C25K starts for me today (or tomorrow morning)
    Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred will be added starting September 1st - will run every other day, will Shred every other day - will take Sundays OFF!
    I have restarted tracking today on WW.
    I have restarted my journal as well and will update my blog!

    Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright - I am with you! I will get myself a notebook, in fact I may have one at home. With your encouragement and motivation, I think it's a great idea.

    Now you won't feel alone in doing it and to be 100% honest with you, I don't FEEL like doing it either. Maybe if we know we are doing it together, along with Sunshine! (the 1st comment here) we will start to have a more positive attitude and FEEL like it. We CAN do it. We may not want to, but we can do it.

    When we think me can't and lack motivation, let's meet back at this post and read your words that all of us have felt at one time or another and regroup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this. I am going to print out your poem and put it on my fridge. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the poem! I think a food journal is a great way to get on track and stay there. I always do better when I am being accountable to myself.

    I am going to get out my food journal and start again tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration. Sometimes we just need a little prodding from someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea you have! I know this will work & can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete