Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The New Cookie That We Haven't Yet Tasted

Hello friends!

How are you all tonight? I'm well. Thanks for your encouraging comments about my comments in yesterday's post about my weight increase. After I posted it, I was thinking, "well, maybe I shouldn't have wrote that."

But it is true. I have gained more weight than I've wanted to gain. But, it's also true that I will lose it all.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

It must be the way I'm wired. This will be the fifth baby in nine years and I know that I will lose the extra weight.

All of it.

I can't imagine myself doing anything else. I could have twelve kids, and I would still zero in on losing that "baby weight".

I'm still working out too. I did an awesome leg work-out tonight. I am still doing my squats using a 45 pound bar with twenty pounds on each side. I have had to change the position of my legs so that my belly doesn't get in the way, but I'm still able to do it.

But aside from all that. I wanted to share some pictures of some cookies that we baked up tonight.

Tuesday has become cookie baking day because, then, my husband can take some home made cookies to work with him for Wednesday, the middle of the work week. I like this because it allows the kids to take part in baking a new cookie recipe we wouldn't otherwise make. Plus, it gives them a little home-made treat in addition to all that healthy home-made food I've been cooking for them.
For this week, I picked out what's called a "Thumbprint" cookie.
You put the jam or jelly in the indentation made by your thumbprint. But I found that my "pinky print" was a better size.
I could have added pecans to this recipe, but chose not to because it seems like half the people out there don't like nuts in their cookies, which would include about half of our family of seven too.
Since I only made 30 in the first batch, I only had a taste of the batter,
which was good but very buttery.
I haven't actually had a taste of the baked cookie because I wanted this batch to go to Daddy Rainmaker's work tomorrow, and I didn't have time to make a second batch tonight.
This is a shot before we put them in the oven.
Seven-year-old Dandy Lion was the one who put the grape jelly in the middle of the cookies.
Didn't he do a good job?
Here's a close-up of the final product.
They look good.
I'll find out tomorrow how they taste when I cook up the rest of the batter.
Tomorrow will be a bread baking day.
We only have a half a loaf left from those eight loaves of bread we made last Monday.
---------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and I can't resist mentioning...
Brett Farve is back with the Vikings.
He joined the team today.
Admit it you guys,
it will be nice to watch him play again this fall.
Hope your doing well!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

2 comments:

  1. It will be nice to see him play out there again. His spirit is pretty fun. I agree with you there. Thumbprint cookies look pretty good. I like the idea of them and they are very pretty looking cookies.

    I know you are anxious to get that baby weight off. You are getting closer and closer. Keep taking care of yourself like you do and you will be back and better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how your blog always makes me want to eat and cook. Now I want to bake cookies and I know that I really shouldn't. Yummy!

    I know you will get the baby weight off. Look how far you came before you got pregnant.. You got this!

    ReplyDelete