Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Tahiti, But Still Nice...And I Have Untapped Strength...

Hi folks!

Happy Monday? Yes. No. Maybe.

Well, thank you for all those nice things you said about me looking good while pregnant. Especially Dawn when she said I might get knocked up again while on my date with my husband. That made me laugh.

I admit that I have gained a ton of weight, but I'm working through those issues. As you all know by now, it will be only a matter of time once the baby is born, that I will be back to my normal self.

Lindsey keeps posting these pictures of her honeymoon in Tahiti so I thought I'd post pictures of this place we like to go to on the weekends where we can take our five kids and actually relax. It has a zero depth pool for the little ones with all kinds of cool spraying, and spouting water, plus it has two water slides and a diving board and a few deep, then deeper areas for the older kids.

And yes, that is my toe sticking out in the first picture.

It is so relaxing going here, taking a dip and then laying in the sun like a big fat cat. Ha! Then, by the time we get home all the kids are all worn out from the sun and water that they all sleep like angels.

But now for the serious part of this post.

Remember that guy from the gym?

You know...the one who says to me, "I heard that women have ten times more adrenaline when they're pregnant."

Isn't it funny when these people say these crazy things to you that you start thinking about it when you'd really rather not?

Like after we went swimming and we got home. I was hungry for a snack so I started to cut some Wisconsin cheese to eat with some good ole Wisconsin summer sausage. It was medium cheddar, not sharp which is actually a little harder to cut through.

But there I was going away at it and "snap!"

The knife cracked in half.

"What the heck? This is an Amway knife. These things are suppose to last forever."

And then, unbidden to my brain, comes the comment from the guy at the gym.

Am I putting more force into things? Because I have more adrenaline?

Then...I yell to my husband to look at the knife that I just broke in two. I grab the camera, but it was juggling in my hand so I tried to move faster to catch it from falling which just made the situation worse and I ended up literally popping my camera into the air and onto the floor.

He's like, "Whoa! It looks like you might have broken the camera too."

Well, I didn't break the camera.

But I did break something again the next day.

You know how I popped the camera out of my hand?

Well I did the same exact thing with a glass glass. I was holding it, then thought it was falling out of my grip so I reached quickly to catch it and but instead sent it flying across the kitchen whereupon it broke when it crashed to the floor.

So, what did I learn?

Sunshine Mama needs to move more slowly.

More carefully.

My reactions are too quick.

Perhaps fueled by increased adrenaline.

Actually I googled that whole adrenaline thing and didn't really come up with anything.

Oh well.

I really hope that guy from the gym doesn't find me and tell me any more helpful pregnancy information.

Have a good one!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

7 comments:

  1. Wow you must really be strong right now! Slow down is right, be careful.

    I am sure from reading your blog that you will be back to your pre baby weight in no time at all.

    That pool looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are like superwoman! Ha! You don't know your own strength. I once bent a fork, not quite breaking a knife, but that is my comparison = )

    The little water park looks great for the kids. I bet they love going.

    You keep you head up and just keep on trucking through these last 70-something? days of pregnancy. we will all be right here with you! (And we know you are doing great!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With 5 kids you need a retreat like this to keep them busy/entertained/so you can catch a breather :) looks like a fun park and hey, no 8+ hr flight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's our local public pool. It's a really nice setup...Of course the flowers love it. They would just swim and swim and swim until they are all pooped out. Daddy Rainmaker

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have waves of adrenaline. It is the weirdest thing. I am going to the pool tomorrow and taking a day off from cleaning. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful to me, Sunshine!!! You'll get that weight off in no time! :) Pool looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL... I just love when people tell me stuff then it gets me to thinking. You are one strong woman! Maybe you should be careful at the gym.

    ReplyDelete