Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, August 7, 2010

Do You Know What Today Is (Saturday)?

Good evening friends!

Do you know what today is? It's Saturday, August 7th!!

Always on the seventh my husband and I acknowledge our monthly anniversary. For the past several months...heck, as long as I can recall, I have beaten my husband to the punch.
See...it's like this little game...whoever says "Happy (fill in the month) anniversary first...wins". Well, yesterday, I knew it was today. Even last week I knew it was today.

But there I was this morning...so engrossed in reading my latest Jack Reacher novel that I completely blanked it when my husband comes walking into the room...

he leans down and says to me, "Happy 106 month anniversary, honey!" followed it with a kiss...

then follows it with this huge "whoop" and "Halu" like he just got down watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers score a touchdown against Colorado State. "I got you!!" he says and walks out of the room.

Later he told me he thought of it while in the middle of making pancakes. And knew... at any moment I could remember too, so he quick dropped what he was doing and grabbed a calculator to quickly compute the number of months we've been married. It doesn't count if you don't know the months (ha, Ha) and yes, we've been married so long now we need a calculator to figure it up.

So, in honor of this momentous, blog worthy occasion..."drum roll please"
I've decided to post a few pictures of something that I hope symbolizes how long our love for each other will last...
... This 120 year old turtle that we saw at Reptile Gardens while on our trip to South Dakota last month.

See, isn't he cute?

And Daddy Rainmaker posed next to this turtle's head just for your benefit (kind of like he does next to food on Fantasy Food Friday) so that you could more fully appreciate the scale of the turtle's head.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, besides all that, we spent some time in the kitchen yesterday....

making some home-made whole wheat noodles. We started with wheat berries and ground it into flour.
This is our 15-year-old daughter hard at work.

Aided by our two-year old.

Ok, I'll admit it.
We patted their faces with flour for effect.

Homemade noodles need a few hours to dry on a rack like this
(It's actually the rack from our microwave oven).
I plan to use these noodles in a soup for tomorrow. I will share those pictures with you later.
---------------------------------------------------
I love being back in blog world, folks!!
I made it to the gym again last night even though I didn't want to go.
I didn't make it there today, but I did manage to bike outside for about four miles.
So, I weight lifted four out of the five days that I had originally planned.
Thank you for all of your encouragement.
I think it helps me.
Now on to offer you all encouragement too!!
Have a good one!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

6 comments:

  1. Hmm...I dunno...I should probably know this...its cute family, turtle, pasta day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but that better not be you pregnant!!!!!

    And, you two are really good parents. You are providing an awesome life for those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The noodle making looks like a blast! I love it. And that turtle, 120? Man, he must eat his vegetables. Happy anniversary to the two of you. It's nice to see 2 people so in love. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun! i kind of want to try homemade noodles... but haven't been adventurous enough to make them myself. one day, one day.

    went to a bodybuilding/fitness show saturday and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow how much fun u guys have! I am going to come visit when I move back to the states so you can show me how to make all this fabulous homemade food! What a wonderful mother you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. full gas field.ugg boots sale While the final to win the title by the Deanie Ip,The North Face Shoes but titles and captured the audience is still the focus of Shu Qi.Belstaff Jackets
    Skirt swaying in the Moncler Shoes

    ReplyDelete