Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"A Girl ?!?"

No, it's not what you think....I'm not having a girl...

At least I don't think.

I just wanted to share something funny someone said to me today.

So, there I was this morning, waiting near the hospital coffee pot for my name to get called for my pregnancy visit, when this guy strolls up.

He pours himself a cup of coffee and says, "I just LOVE this coffee. Heck, I make extra appointments just so I can drink their coffee."

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, I know. I also know why it tastes so good too."

"Really?"

"Yes, I had thought it tasted so good too so I asked where they bought it from so I could see see what it's made of (I thought maybe it was the bean they used). The company adds a "flavor enhancer"."

(What I forgot to add, is that they also add an artificial sweetener)

Then he looks at me at me and says, "How much longer?"

"Nine weeks."

Then with his coffee in one hand, he leans back like he's sizing me up and say, "A girl."

I laugh and say, "Well, they told me it was a boy."

After he walks away, these two gals who were listening nearby smile.

One of them says, "They told me I was having a boy and she came out a girl."

I said, "I don't know...you could see his *fill in the blank* pretty clearly. Although, I would be perfectly happy if he came out a girl!"

To add to this "fun" outing, the midwife measured my abdomen at 33 centimeters. If you recall, the last time I was in, they measured me slightly bigger than my weeks. Usually the measurement of the abdomen will coincide with the number of weeks that you are.

So, of course, it gets me wondering if maybe the baby will come before my due date. I mentioned the possibility to my midwife and she just laughs and says,

"Now...Sunshine Mama, you know better than that. It just means you might have a big baby."

She's right. Measuring big doesn't mean your due date is off. But a girl can hope, right?

But the earliest I've ever gone before my due date is by three days. But I'm already talking to the kids about letting them put in their guesses as to when this baby will come.

My oldest is thinking, October 31 at 8:30 p.m. The second oldest thought maybe November 4th. I'm thinking November 5th, a Friday at 11:00 a.m. seems probable.

My first pregnancy was four days over. The second was two days over. The third was three days before. The fourth was almost 14 days over (But he was positioned wrong and had the cord wrapped around his neck...so I wonder if that held things up). And the fifth was right on his due date. All of the babies were born on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Any guesses?

Other than that, I'm feeling great since I've been counting calories and eating healthier. During my visit today, I made my birth plan and pre-registered. My next appointment will be two weeks from now instead of the normal four week interval.

Thanks for your encouragement by the way. I glad you liked the poem and hope I can continue to encourage you too.

Have a good one!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

7 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling healthier for watching what you've been eating. I think you should join the challenge...the baby doesn't need sugar or chips to help him grow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby will come when it is good and ready to do so! A flavor enhancer in coffee, really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pregnancy sounds very interesting & sure does get a lot of strangers talking about the strangest things. I think a baby on Halloween would be great! Just imagine the bday party's you could throw. Can you tell Halloween is my favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how strangers just know what is going on with your body! What a funny man. I am going with the Friday you picked, but I am going to say 8pm. I think "he" will be a night time guy! Let's be honest though, I have no idea what I am talking about = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you an award. ;-) You don't have to accept it, but I thought you deserved it!!!

    http://flabtofabonedayatatime.blogspot.com/2010/09/award-from-miss-dawne.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna go with 11/2. Just because. Obviously I have so much scientific research to base that off of!

    And noo I'm not pregnant!! I could not handle all that right now! My health issues have been interfering with my runs for the most part. But Lordy I could not deal with a kid - I am still working on not-killing what is supposed to be a hardy plant!! LOL. Not doing so good at it so far...

    ReplyDelete
  7. bright spot for the whole increase in the black dress.Belstaff Jackets Braids swing with the ups and downs, North Face Jackets so that the back of the halter more spectacle. Cheap Ugg Boots Just think, if Shu Qi with the flow,Asics Running Shoes

    ReplyDelete