Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cookies, Hamburger Soup And More Gym Talk

Hello friends!

We made it through the second day of the work week. I had to take a nap about half way through today. Then, I got up and sweated my way through making soup and cookies for supper.

I know, I know ...why do I post the picture of the cookies before the main dish? Because at our house, if you know what dessert looks like first, then you're more likely to eat the main dish.

These, by the way, are called "Chewy peanut butter chocolate chip" cookies.
Warning...don't make these if you're on a diet.
Instead make this really, healthy home-made soup.
Since I use soups as part of the main dish, I make sure they are chock full of good food like carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, corn, green peppers, barley and hamburger.
I took a loaf of whole wheat bread and warmed it in the oven before serving it with the soup.
So...that the butter just melted onto it.
Here's a little close-up.
Our six-year-old ate a second helping of the soup and exclaimed to me how "good" it tasted.
The two-year-old...not so much.
I also served salad with this meal.
A bit later we cooked up these cookies for "cookie night".

Daddy Rainmaker picked out this recipe because he likes peanut butter.
Darling Rose made these cookies herself and then I cooked them up in the oven.

I would actually recommend this recipe. These cookies were really "chewy".
They didn't taste over-lly buttery.
And they baked up easily and look "pretty".
If anyone wants it, let me know.
----------------------------------------
Otherwise, I did get to the gym today and got in a 60 minute biceps and back work-out.
I had a some good conversation with folks at the gym which centered mostly around the weather.
It's been in the 80s with tropical-like humidity.
---------------------------------------------------
There was one gentleman, however, who wanted to talk about something else.
Last night and tonight...every time he walked by me he smiled and said "hi".
Meanwhile, I was trying to rack my brain with how I knew him.
Then, tonight...I remembered.
About three months ago...when I was doing an exercise and talking to some one else...he was smiling and pipes up with...
"I should probably tell you...that I've read that pregnant women should avoid getting their feet massaged because it could lead to miscarriage."
That's what he said to me...and that's what I finally remembered tonight when he came up to me to speak to me tonight...
This time, however, he says to me,
"I've heard that a woman's adrenaline is ten times higher when they are pregnant."
Pause...as I'm thinking to myself...do I have more adrenaline?
So, I said, "Well, a few pregnancies ago, I increased the weight on my bench press while pregnant..."
"Ahh...", he nods and then mentioned that I was "glowing"
I added, "and growing!" Ha! Ha!
Well, I'll have to check with my midwife the next time I see her about these little pregnancy factoids that I'm learning at the gym.
-------------------------------------------------------
In the meantime, I hope you're all doing well.
Don't worry, SunshineMeg, I will do some calculations for you on what it costs me to make bread and how much I'm saving by making it.
Have a good one!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

5 comments:

  1. Just a quick HI! Glad to see you're happy and enjoying life! Harvest season on the farm is brutal (hours and demands) and being back at work is even more difficult!

    Later!

    HUGS

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are doing well. I am at Week 23 in my pregnancy and it is going great so far! I don't make cookies very often (I hate to bake). My girls would love it I bakes more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL what great pointers from the gym guy. Obviously you should look to him for pregnancy advice ;)

    Those cookies look good but I'm actually craving a soup recipe! I know they're not hard and you can toss a variety of things in, but I wouldn't mind if you gave me one or two to get my feet wet with. Ooh also are you experienced with any crockpot recipes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BigGirlgoingtobeSkinnyAugust 29, 2010 at 3:32 AM

    That soup looks great and yummy but i can not and will not eat any food :) now those Chewy peanut butter chocolate chip im going to stare at them and imagine my eating that whole plate of goodness i littely yelled YES!! when i saw cookies ,but i also will pass lol.
    talking about how im going to eat them makes me fill like i ate already this is perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheap Ugg Boots and jaw are very prone to loose ground,
    The North Face causing depressions in the outer mouth puppet patterns.Asics Shoes

    ReplyDelete