Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Thursday! I''m 28 Weeks Two Days Along!

Happy Thursday folks!!

How is everyone today? Great here!

I discovered something last night while watching the news. I had just gotten done doing my blog, was listening to the news when the guy says something about it being only 83 days until mid-term elections. Of course, my ears perked up because I had just written on my blog that I'm due in 83 days.

So, I turn to my husband and say, "Am I due on the day of elections?!?"

He pauses, thinks about if for a second and says, "Yes."

So, I said, "So, basically the entire United States of America is counting down with me."

"What if I go into labor when I need to vote? Excuse me, but can I butt in front of you? I'm about to have a baby here."

So, even though, it's a little early to be counting days, guess what...I now have 82 days before this baby is due. And the last baby I had...was born on his due date.

Well, Dawn is absolutely correct when she says I'm too hot to be making soups right now. But that's all I've scheduled myself to make lately so here I am...making soups.

I took two cold showers today...the first one, after making lunch for the kids and the second one...you guessed it, after making soup for supper. And they liked the soup so much, that I don't have any leftovers for tomorrow night, so I have to make more soup again for tomorrow night.

I'm actually going to post this recipe for Lindsey. It's so simple, so easy and so delicious that all of your friends will just gobble it down and ask for more and think that you are Chef Boy R Dee.
But first here are a few pictures.
This is after I put in the home-made noodles. They are actually cut a little too thick so I had to cook them longer than normal. But they still tasted great.

Instead of adding two cans of cream of chicken soup, I made up my own sauce using white flour because I was out of whole wheat flour.

Sauce is easy to make, but throwing in the cans of soup is easier if you prefer that method.

The finished product.
Some warmed up home-made white bread to compliment the dish.

Our two-year-old had three bowls of this.
Ok, they were small, but he just kept eating it and eating it.
I also served sliced carrots and radishes with this meal.
The salad was all gone.
I did get to the store again tonight to replenish the veggies.
But here's the very simple recipe:
2 quarts of water
eight chicken bouillon
4 1/2 cups of uncooked wide egg noodles
3 cups of cubed cooked chicken
minced fresh parsley
2 ( 10 1/2 oz cans of condensed cream of chicken soup)
1 cup of sour cream
In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles and cook uncovered until tender ( about 10 minutes). Do not drain. Add soup and chicken and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Recipe for a medium white sauce (since I don't use the condensed soups, I make this sauce):
2 tbl of butter or margarine
2 tbl of of all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
dash of pepper
1 cup of milk
In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. Makes about one cup.
If you want a "thin" white sauce just use half as much butter and flour. You can alter the taste of this sauce by adding different spices. This is as great sauce to make to throw over pasta or a rice dish. Of course when I make this for the soup, I want 2 1/2 cups of the sauce so I make enough to replace the condensed soup. It's very handy to know how to make sauce. Then, you don't need to continue to buy condensed soups for your recipes.
I can't believe how every time I make this soup, how everyone just "ooohs and ahhhs" over it and it is just so simple. So, that's the first chicken soup that's easy to make. I have another one, Lindsey, that I'll be making in a few days.
------------------------------------------
Well, I didn't make it to the gym because I went to the grocery store, so I will need to get there tomorrow night.
I do have an idea for Fantasy Food Friday and I do think I will be posting a new preggo picture in a few days.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

3 comments:

  1. Yay for 28 weeks! It is going to fly by. Once I get more root veggies I am going to be making a lot of dishes and freezing them for when I bring baby home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the soup recipe! :)

    curious, does white sauce taste kind of cheesy-ish? our crepes in tahiti had "white wine sauce" but it just tasted cheesy to me... lol. just curious. i'm sure there are 19 diff kinds of "white sauce" huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rejuvenation treatments struck the first blow, Franklin and Marshall clothing any who are near with confidence.Asics Running Shoes
    "25 +" stands for: Olivia PalermoFranklin Marshall
    "Star pattern" fortune:

    ReplyDelete