Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Thursday!! I'm 27 weeks, Two Days Along

Happy Thursday friends!

I'm 27 weeks and two days along. That means I have exactly 88 days until I'm due on November 2. Although, I don't think I want to start actually counting down single days until I hit 21 days out. But, I am excited to count single weeks once I hit ten weeks out.

A few days ago I went in for a check-up and had a glucose screening test where they make you drink this sugary orange drink to see if you body metabolizes sugar correctly, to then see if you are a concern for different things. I came through with flying colors on that score.

My abdomen measured slightly big at 28 centimeters instead of 27. Usually the abdomen measurement coincides with the number of weeks that you are. Being slightly big is really not that big of a concern.

I normally see midwives and had the unusual opportunity to meet with a male doctor. The whole time that I was talking to him I kept thinking to myself that there is no way he could really understand what I'm feeling or going through. I made a comment to him like, "I feel like I'm already big...and I know I'm just going to get bigger!"

And perceptive guy that he is, he says, "Uncomfortably so!"

Ha, Ha!! That struck me as funny. "Uncomfortably so" is such an understatement.

Well, this morning I began the the day, sometime after breakfast by whipping up some chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I didn't like the normal chocolate chip cookie recipe that I had made a few days ago. It seemed like all it had was sugar, brown sugar, white flour and a pound of butter. And then when you cooked it, it just spread out all flat and fatty.

So, I found an oatmeal cookie recipe and switched the raisins for some chocolate chips. Much better. And there was even some sugar and cinnamon in it, SunshineMeg.

Doesn't this look good?
I baked it with three cups of oatmeal and one cup of white flour.
I added some nuts in the last dozen cookies and I liked the extra crunch.
For supper, it was baked potato soup with summer sausage.

There's actually a few more ingredients than this.
Like 4 1/2 cups of chicken broth and some butter and milk.
I'm being lazy and not posting the recipe.

But I served it with some 100 percent whole wheat bread that we baked up the other week and froze. The bread is made from freshly ground wheat berries. It's very filling and very good for the family to be eating. We also had carrots.

I love how this potato soup recipe has a chunky texture to it.
------------------------------------------------------
Did you guys get in a work-out tonight?
I did.
And it wasn't too bad.
I just may be getting back into the groove.
Some of the gym goers are starting to make comments
and ask questions of the "pregnant lady" working out.
Tonight someone asked, "So, how much longer?"
Me: "three months?"
I feel like I look more like I only have one month left.
I know, I know...I'm working on that picture for you all.
I guess I'm trying to figure out how to do it so I don't look huge.
Ha, Ha!!
Another guy, about 55-60 wanted to know if the baby started doing anything inside me while I was weight lifting.
Like moving around or something...
No.
I think I may just keep going just for all the interesting interaction I get.
Well, you know what tomorrow is?
Friday!!!
Have a good one!
Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

7 comments:

  1. Hi there~
    SO fun to have you back and blogging. :) I hear ya...about feeling huge. . I am 32 1/2 weeks now. I can't imagine how big I will feel in 7 more weeks ;)
    Also, I loved hearing about comments you get at the gym. I get them too :) One lady was look "wow, you should be on one of those pregnancy workout DVD's.
    HA HA! I am not in THAT great of shape.
    Anyhow, glad you are well.
    Have a super evening~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning woman. That potato soup looks great. I love your idea for cookies. I hate when they spread out and leave grease marks from all the butter. Ew! We had softball yesterday and we won our first playoff game! It involved a lot of running too, so I am glad. I am hoping to skip over to the gym after work today to get in some weights and I've done great on my healthy eating. You are back to help motivate and that is just awesome. Have a great weekend my friend = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hey there mommas!! So wonderful to see your posts coming again! Summer kinda does that to life doesn't it? Too much fun to be had sitting at a computer! My own blog has needed some TLC as well :) muah and so good to see you again! Love your heart and all you share! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are doing really well.

    Yum on that potato soup! Home made bread and cookies too! I think you are nesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how we love potato soup in this house. Whenever I make some I have to make a double batch. Now that the weather is getting cold already (again) maybe I will make some. Can't wait to see the picture..hint hint.

    I am thinking we could do a tv show where you hide a camera and go to the gym... Might be interesting.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm...that soup does look good. In fact, that is about the ONLY thing that I like about the fall coming...soups, stews, chilis, etc. Anything warm and rib-sticking. Perhaps some changing colors and other stuff, but of courses food is my default joy association.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like some FUN conversations. I loved being pregnant. I only exercise with Aquafit and nothing as hard core as THE Mama! :) Have I mentioned how happy I am that you're back? Now, if only Jen would come back!

    ReplyDelete