Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thankyou...And Lefse Tacos

Hello friends!

How is everyone's weekend going? Good I hope.

Just wanted to thank you for your compliments on yesterday's picture....especially Dawn's comment...comparing me to J-Lo!!

Goodness gracious, Dawn...it was so unexpected I laughed out loud. (but, hey, keep it coming)

I see people are still also salivating over that gigantic apple fritter. I liked Jenn's idea of caramelizing some apples, taking some whipped cream, getting another fritter and slapping it together for a huge apple fritter sandwich. LoL!! And, no, Lindsey that fritter was NOT low calorie.

Well, despite that huge fritter...I am not completely abandoning my healthy eating ways. Tonight I fixed tacos for the family... On these occasions what I like to do is to use my 30 calorie lefse instead of using a 50 calorie hard shell or a 130 calorie soft shell. Remember, lefse is a Norwegian treat that is made from potatoes and some flour. Very tasty stuff.

I had another taco besides the two in the picture and I figured out that with 2 tbl of taco meat, 1 tbl of mozzarella cheese, a few dabs of sour creme, olives, lettuce and tomato...each taco totaled about 123 calories for a meal that stayed under 400 calories. And I was quite fat and happy afterward.

Well, tomorrow is Memorial Day or just Monday for some. I hope you all have some enjoyable weather and eat well.

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

5 comments:

  1. Yummy tacos! Have a safe Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea using the Lefse...it really is about the filling, not the shell so save the calories when you can.

    Luckily, the grocery store was out of apple fritters yesterday after my BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and Chili Cheese Fries. I wasn't hungry for it, but if they actually had one...who knows!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tacos are the best!!! Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to find lefse in our area. Is it lower in calories than a regular wrap? There are recipes on line for it, but I haven't found them at the store yet.

    There is an AMAZING apple fritter place in St. Jacob's, Ontario. It's worth the trip to Canada just for these fritters. My husband (who is slim, trim and hot:) dies for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking tacos. We had tacos last night at our friends house. They are so yummy!

    You look adorable in your photo!

    ReplyDelete