Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, April 12, 2010

I Blew Off My Diet/Blog For A Few Days...

Good Evening Folks!

How is everyone?

I am doing GREAT! Sorry for not posting for a few days. I am all right. Nothing happened to me. I did take a break from my blog for a few days...and also from my diet.

Like in a big way from my diet...like I ate that bag of Easter candy that I had stashed away. I had some peeps.
I had some ribs with a side of steak fries that was smothered in cheese. There was a cookie involved. A Culvers turtle sundae. Now I'm not in the mood for a blizzard.

I got so stuffed that my stomach actually hurt.

And then, the strangest thing happened. Remember when I said I was not having any morning sickness with this pregnancy? After a day and a half of changing my diet to processed foods, sugar and white flour...I started getting nausea. This morning I had nausea all morning long. So I went and checked on line to see if I could find any correlation between morning sickness and what was going on with my diet...and they all blame nausea on just being pregnant. But I didn't get nausea/morning sickness until I reintroduced toxic food into my diet.

Normally with my other pregnancies, I would have nausea into the 14th and 15th week of pregnancy. This is only the 12th week, so I would still be having nausea in my other pregnancies.

Can you say....I am shocked?

So, let me get this right...my taking out sugar, white flour and processed foods was what kept me from getting nauseous in this pregnancy?

I mean I felt "slightly" nauseous for a whole three days of this pregnancy.

Well, I can't stand how I feel folks. So, I going back on my diet tomorrow. There will be a few changes that I will be implementing, however. As you can see from the top picture. I am eating my breakfast with an eight ounce glass of milk instead of the egg whites. I will be switching in about four glasses of milk a day. I'm going back to taking out all sugar, white flour and processed foods again starting tomorrow...except that I will add milk. I also may allow myself some treat foods on the weekends, but I want to stay true to eating as clean as possible.

If my nausea doesn't go away in a few days... after reverting back to my old diet...then I will know that it could possibly be the milk that is also causing nausea. This could be a possibility. I know a friend who is lactose intolerant to milk, but not so when he drinks unpasteurized milk. So, there is also perhaps something in milk that may react with some people's bodies.

The second picture is some left-over ribs with rice and a roll.

Well, I hope I haven't disappointed too many of you with my little lapse in diet this weekend. ..ok... big lapse. But, I did learn something by it though...

Sugar, processed foods and white flour really is toxic to our bodies.


Hope you're all doing well!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

8 comments:

  1. Girl, you are human. You make mistakes! You have a great plan and you are getting right back on track! You did NOT disappoint me! You inspire me! To keep at it, stay the course, not to just give in and eat like crazy cause of one bad weekend or because of some excuse like "I'm pregnant." ( one I have USED WAY TOO OFTEN in my life) I hear ya with the sugar...whoa! Last week was major sugar binge week for me and I felt AWFUL! That is amazing about your nausea though! WOW!

    Keep on, keepin' on! :)
    Three cheers for Sunshine Mama!!! (and one extra for Sunshine Baby! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sunshine Mama is human:o) love you all the more for it. I hear you loud and clear over sugar etc...

    I'm Cheering for mama and baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are back! I missed you, but a break is good once in awhile. Sorry to hear about the nausea though. You'll be back to normal in no time once the diet starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that you are back. I am also glad that I am not following a perfect person. Sounds like you had a lot but learned. Hope the nausea goes away. I had morning sickness everyday all day for the first trimester. It was not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothin' wrong with taking a break from bloggy land and sometimes... you have to declare bloggy bankruptcy and just start all over on the one's that ya read.. he he... shhhhh... sometimes you just HAVE to!

    Fascinating that you started feeling pukey after your splurge days, SM! Wow!!! I am really interested to see if you go back to no nausea after you go back to clean eating. You know, isn't it funny that we ditch our blogs, when we are feeling "naughty"?? LOL!! I fell off the wagon too after baking for Easter and having all that Easter candy around.. oh yeah! And it wasn't so purdy... not purdy AT all. And everyday after a binge on sugar, I would try to get back on my horse and try again.. and boom back on the ground I would go. I just had to throw it all away, and get a little drastic!!

    What is it about those sugar splurges that just snowball into days of it?? heesh!!

    I have to tell you, I am sooooo NOT dissappointed that you had some struggle days.. it actually encourages me :) Thankyou for keeping it real, and being transparent!! You are such an inspiration to me!

    Big hugs.. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need "off" days...it's what keeps us sane lol. glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fascinating. I think some researchers might be interested in that anecdotal information.

    Well, at least you know your own causation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So incredibly interesting that you these results from going off your healthy eating plan. Maybe you'll become a "study" case and get rich! :)

    Breaks are good, but I'm glad you're back. I miss you when you're not around.

    ReplyDelete