Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heartbeats And Eating Struggles...

Hi Everyone!

How are you doing tonight? Thank you for being understanding about my latest over-eating issues.

How do you like my title?

I went to my maternity visit today and got to hear the baby's heart beating. I see a midwife and she said the baby's heart sounded strong and normal. Always when I hear the baby's heart beating for that first time, it makes me smile. I smile because then I know for sure he/she is alive. The midwife said it sounded like the baby was moving around a lot.

I told the midwife about my latest three to four day over-eating debacle. It has actually caused me to gain some weight. I told her that I am not happy about it and that I need to slow it down. She, on the other hand, said that she was glad that I had gained some weight.

I explained to her that, yes, I know it's normal to gain weight when you're pregnant, but it should be "baby weight" not "binge weight". Ha, ha. a little alliteration there. I should gain weight with healthy foods not sugar and processed white flour foods.

I told her I wanted to go back on a strict diet for a few days to get the sugar and toxic stuff out of my system and then slowly start adding healthy calories again. She doesn't want me cutting calories, but if it gets me back on a healthy track again, I should do it.

I tried eating healthy today folks and failed miserably. Didn't I tell you this food is addictive? So...in a spurt of anger, I went through the house and threw out some unhealthy foods. But then I still went out and bought a scone at my favorite coffee shop.

*head shaking*

Is that your head shaking or mine? Probably both.

Well, you all know my favorite mantra?

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

I really believe that. I really believe that if I try enough times, I'll figure out a way to win.

I also believe that I'm capable of doing things that I'm not even aware I'm capable of doing.

I believe that if only I would try...I will surprise myself with success in uncharted territories.

I believe that just because I've never done something before doesn't mean I can't do it.

I also believe that I'm probably doing better than I think I'm doing, and I try to not listen to the negative voices in my head.

I believe that I can be a "skinny" pregnant person even though I've never done it before.

I also refuse to believe that I can't look spectacular...

even while pregnant!

And you know what? Tomorrow is a new day!

Not just for me, but for all of us!!

Thank God for that!

I hope you all have a blessed day tomorrow!

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

7 comments:

  1. Great to hear updates on your baby's health! Since I know how committed you are to your health, I think the degree of guilt that you are taking on for your very modest indulgence is likely fairly measured...but just in case it isn't, go easier on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear the baby is doing awesome..Maybe you & baby should have a talk with each other about the food being eaten...lol

    You are still doing better then I ever did. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said!! Beautifully said!

    I just got goosebumps reading your thoughts on success, and falling! It's true! I needed to read that this morning to be totally honest.. yesterday was a very HARD day for me. I almost fell off the wagon myself...but thankyou, God, I did not!

    So so wonderful to hear that baby's heart beat.. nothing like it in the whole entire world! Yay for healthy babies :)

    Today is going to be a great day!! I am going to be praying for you, SM... right now! Strength, and focus, and "umph" to get over that first day of NOT eating crap. :)

    Big hugs.. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the prayers. So Good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, SM!!! Your attitude is AWESOME! :) LOVE baby heartbeats! YAY! :) Of course, the baby is moving around in there...the darling is working on it's pushups! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes for baby updates! Sounds like the little peanut is doing good. I'm still leaning towards girl baby = )

    I think you know what is best for your baby, so keep being careful and keep eating good things. You are doing great mama to be! Do you "feel" pregnant? I know you get tired, but heck you have 5 kids to make you tired too. You are like a superstar! Keep being so strong and thanks for giving us updates. From all the comments, the newest edition to your family already has a fan base! Ha! I keep you and your family in my thoughts and send good vibes the Wisconsin way.

    Greg did not tear his ACL (Amen) but he did tear his meniscus for the 2nd time. We have an appointment to meet with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to figure out a plan for him. He is scared because he is afraid he won't be able to be active and play sports again, but thank goodness we have insurance and can make him feel better. He is having trouble walking right now. I just don't want to see him hurt anymore. Tell Daddy Rainmaker thanks for the Prayers. I think they helped sway the ACL tear = ) I'll let you know more when I can.

    ReplyDelete