Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time To Tighten Down The Diet

Hello friends!

First things first.

To answer someone's question...When I was on my run, I stopped and ate my pineapple since I was stopping to drink water anyway. But I am contemplating pineapple juice where I can drink it without stopping.

I've also decided when the temperature is that high, I can stop for water breaks. Or pineapple breaks.

Anyway. This weight is not coming off fast enough for me.

So, starting Sunday I took out all wheat products from my diet. No body builder in their right mind eats wheat products when they're trying to cut up for a show. Yes, maybe off season they do, but not when they want to see the fat drop.

So, instead I replace that with potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, squash, beets, green beans, asparagus....you get the picture.

Wheat is very calorie dense.

And remember pasta is a wheat product folks!

Then I've starting eating two spinach salads a day. I hadn't eaten a salad in a few weeks. I think there is something to eating lots of vegetables that helps promote fat loss.

I also plan on running six days a week and weight lifting five days a week, abs three days a week and push-ups 2 to 3 times a week. For those who might feel intimidated by this...I've had this goal for about six weeks and have been working up to that work-out schedule. For the past three or four weeks, I've had to not run all that I've wanted to run because I needed to give my legs rest until I felt they were ready for six days a week. I think they may be ready for six days in a row this week.

Remember slow and steady gets the worm! ha, I think I combined that with something.

My calories are right about in the 1,400 range. On Sunday when I don't work out I may let them drop to 1,000.

I also am dropping popcorn from my menu as it causes bloating. I had some Sunday night with olive oil and I gained a pound the next morning. And, no, it wasn't the salt. It's what popcorn does. I knew this, and I ate the popcorn anyway.

Now you all know too.

Another thing that will cause my weight loss to slow down and even maybe gain is Ms. Monthly. So...let's just say that after this week, the scale better be showing some big losses. But usually after the period, the weight loss will catch up to where it's suppose to be.

So, last night, I ran 4 1/2 miles, did a 40 minute leg work-out and abs. I felt great too! Maybe it was that pineapple that I took along to eat half way through the work-out.

See you all will be eating pineapple before you know it.

Hope you're having a good one!

Sincerely,

Sunshine Mama

1 comment:

  1. Wheat is a diet killer for me as well. Now that I am gluten free I am choosing my grains more wisely.

    The scale will start to reflect the numbers you want to see.

    ReplyDelete