Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, July 1, 2011

Comments From the Peanut Gallery...

And I do mean peanut gallery.

Don't you think that would be a good name for your neighborhood bar? All bars have peanuts usually..or popcorn.

So...when you're someone like me...who happens to be jogging past one of these peanut galleries... ahem....or bars

In the middle of the afternoon...

Did I mention that it was 93 degrees with a heat index if 118?

And not that it matters...but this peanut gallery is painted pink...

With a very masculine military billboard on its side...

Strange contrast...but anyway...

And this is not the first time this has happened either..

But there is this railing from a side door that patrons of "the peanut gallery" like to hang out on and make comments to innocent passersby like myself....

enjoying a leisurely ...ok.... I admit...a very sweaty run..

So, there I am... running along...soaking up the sun...when I hear this dude hollering at me with something like..."It's really hot out there!!!"

I couldn't quite tell if he was scolding me, admiring me or well...let's be honest here...or maybe a little inebriated.

And when I glanced his way...yelling it once wasn't enough...so he hollered it out loud again...Again all I could catch was..."It's really hot out here."

So, I just shook my head and kept going.

Then, not two blocks later I am making my way across the street when I run abreast a young lady who comments to me,

"I wouldn't be running in weather like this!"

Hmmm....she was a nurse working at the local hospital and definitely not part of the peanut gallery crowd.

Hmm...maybe running in this weather is "comment worthy" after all.

But hey, I got my work-out in at the gym (a leg work-out), plus a run...and a funny story to share with you all.

Maybe I should take a picture of that pink bar. I guess I didn't realize it was pink until I looked at it on the way back home.

But anyway...on to my diet... I weighed myself again this morning. And the same thing that happened yesterday...happened again today. I breast fed Morning Glory and lost 6/10 a pound. At least I know he's getting plenty of the good stuff. I also feed him baby food three times a day. Different kinds of cereals, meat, vegetables, and fruit.

Well, I must be going now!

Hopefully this heat lets up soon.
Have a good one. It's Friday!!

Sincerely,

Sunshine Mama

1 comment:

  1. There is no way that I would be able to run in such weather but that is just me! Glad to hear you are kicking butt! I agree with the name for the bar. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete