Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Friday, July 29, 2011

Hello!

Friday is finally here and I am feeling better.

My weight still hasn't dropped like I want it to, but I am praticing patience. And determination.

For all I know, a bunch of weight may be just about to drop. But even if it didn't and I still continued to lose at an agonizingly slow pace...I came to a few conclusions.

I won't give up until I lose the weight.

Even if it takes longer.

I've been having thoughts like...what if I have a bunch more fat cells than I used to because of all the babies. You do know that the very second you get pregnant, your body starts producing double the normal amount of fat cells. So, I was thinking...wow, maybe because of that...it's taking longer.

Then I thought...well, I am getting older, maybe the way my body metabolizes is slowing down.

Doesn't matter. I'll persist until I get to my goal.

But despite the number on the scale I have noticed a few positives.

All this running has caused my legs to be stronger on my leg work-outs. I am feeling stronger during my runs.

My belly is significantly smaller and I feel comfortable enough to wear tank tops outside of the house.

Hey, maybe I'm gaining muscle which weighs more than fat.

All I know is that for the past two or so weeks I have eaten perfectly and exercised just as much and my weight has stayed the same.

Something has to give soon.

Hope you're all doing well.

Sincerely,
Sunshine Mama

2 comments:

  1. This was probably one of the best posts for me to read right now!!! I did NOT know that when pregnant your body produces double the fat cells - geez louize! WHY? I'll have to research it, but that is SO not fair.

    I am in that SAME exact spot, you can read my blog post this morning to see proof, hee hee! I've been working out like the dickens and eating super clean for the past 11 days and no progress, like, at ALL. Yes I know I'm pregnant, blah blah blah but still. A girl's gotta' find some motivation SOMEWHERE!

    So your determination was just what I needed, cuz I mean seriously, what is the alternative? Quit? Not gonna' happen!

    I also wanted you to know that after baby #7, I was 34 and got down to my absolute leanest EVER. Even more muscular and toned than before I had babies - yes the baby pooch was still there, but almost not there! So it can happen - I don't know how old you are, I don't remember, but I wouldn't believe any of those lame excuses in your head.

    You can TOTALLY do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I loved about this post is that you found your non scale victories to celebrate! It's not all about the number on the scale. Your body is changing and transforming in ways that don't show up on the scale right now and that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete