Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm Runnin' In The Rain

15 1/2 weeks of 20 weeks

weight today: between same and loss of one pound

total lost: 9 1/2 pounds in 15 1/2 weeks

4 oz banana:100

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 1/2 tsp of sugar:22
1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
2 tsp of sugar in tea:30
total: 332

3 graham cracker sheets:210
1/4 cup of 1% milk:28
total: 238
----------------
running total: 570

1/2 cup of brown rice: 85
3 oz chicken breast:105
1 tsp of Smart Balance light butter:15
total:205
---------------
running total:775

1 large egg:70
1 large egg white:16
1 lefse:30
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese:80
1/4 cup of canned pineapple:35
total:226
-----------------
running total: 1,001

1 tbl of powder creamer in tea:30
1 tbl of sugar in tea:45
1/2 graham cracker sheet:35
cereal bites:25
1 cup of Alpha bites cereal:110
1/2 cup of 1% milk: 55
1/2 bar of Nutty Bar:105
1/2 cup of hard candy pieces:100
total:405
------------------
running total: 1,406

1/2 cup of Premium Blue Bunny light vanilla ice cream:100
1 tsp of chocolate syrup:20
total:120
----------------
running total:1,526

Today's partial victory: I put all the stuff I was snacking on yesterday UP HIGH. I knew it helped because I kept feeling these impulses to grab something to snack on when I went by the cupboard. But, the Snyder Hanover pretzels were up high, the peanut butter was up high and so were the lower calorie pretzels that I used for dipping in the peanut butter...that was up high too.

Then, like clockwork right around 9:00 a.m., I gave some graham crackers as a snack to my youngest. Usually I can hold off on these and limit them to one or two. But before you know it, I was wolfing down several with milk. *sigh*

So...I decided to take a step back and re-assess things. I really am hungry around 9:00 a.m. It's not my imagination. It's because I'm starting my day two hours earlier, and starting it with a work-out no less. What was I thinking that I could stick to the same eating schedule? So, starting tomorrow, I've revamped my eating schedule to include eating more calories, earlier in the day. But, then, cutting down on calories later in the day.

Hopefully this will solve the problem of my wild uncontrollable snacking in the morning hours.

I was also thinking that I may be more hungry because I started back just this week running significantly more than I have been in the three weeks prior to when I starting running more. So, perhaps my body is adjusting to that as well.

Gosh, and here I thought I was turning to my old ways again. There is a reason perhaps.

Actual fitness: 45 minute leg workout.

Note on knees: My knees felt slightly sore after my run last night. So, I decided to take today off. Then, depending on how they feel tomorrow, I may try to get in a few miles a day before the race.

My knees for almost all of my leg work-out did not hurt. I did notice they were slightly sore on the leg extensions.

Note on picture: Yes, I still have these nutty bars in the house. All of this is 330 calories. I divided it into four pieces and gave each of the four younger ones a piece. Then, awhile later when I was cleaning up the table, I could literally smell the piece that I had given my youngest (cause he hadn't eaten it)...so, I ate it. Ohhh...it was so good. But that's at least 105 calories.

Note on Gene Kelly parody: For three weeks because of that fall during the race, I couldn't run. I felt cooped up, depressed and unhappy. I did my best to work through it, but it was really hard.

Then, on Christmas day, I decided to try out my knee again. It wasn't snowing, it wasn't dry, it was literally raining. Raining on Christmas day. But I couldn't be happier because my knee didn't hurt. I was so happy I ran for five miles with the cell phone in my pocket, got it wet and ruined it.

That was my Christmas present. Being able to run again.

Runnin' in the Rain

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm running in the rain

Just running in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again

I'm laughing at clouds

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart

And I'm ready to run

Let the stormy clouds chase

Everyone from the place

Come on with the rain

I've a smile on my face

I run down the lane

With a happy refrain

Just runnin'

Runnin' in the rain

Runnin' in the rain

Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah

Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah

I'm happy again

I'm singin' and runnin' in the rain

I'm singin' and runnin' in the rain...

Why am I smiling?

Why do I run?

Why does December

Feel like spring has sprung?

Why do the raindrops

Feel good on my face?

Why is there a hop

In this leisurely pace?

Why does each new step

feel like nothing at all

Because I'm running again

Despite a bad fall.

Thanks Gene Kelly

4 comments:

  1. You're a woman of many talents!!! I adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I did this same thing tonight with chocolate. I bought a yummy bar that had eight largish pieces, 250 cals per 2 pieces. I would have wolfed down the entire thing in the past, but this time I gave two pieces to each of the 3 kids I had with me. They were so surprised! And I was happy that when I was done with my 2 pieces, the rest was also gone. Hmmmm...maybe a new strategy here? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should definitely re-work your calories/timing. sounds like you are having extra hunger strikes - i believe that working out in the morning makes me hungrier, and if you're running later in the day too well hello! extra cals burnt, need to put a few more in the tank :) planning ahead will help prevent binges! good luck!

    good luck in our race this weekend/hope it went well if it was this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. puppet pattern
    Face thin, Asics Shoes angular on the mirror of course beautiful, Franklin and Marshall T-shirts but the lack of "swelling degree" of the cheeks Cheap Ugg Boots and jaw are very prone to loose ground,
    The North Face causing depressions in the outer mouth puppet patterns.

    ReplyDelete