Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 1 of Week 4 Overview Of My Weight Training Plan

Weight today: same

Total lost: 8 pounds in 21 days

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
2 tsp of sugar: 30
1/3 cup of milk: 30
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee: 30
sweet-n-low: 0
cinnamon: 0
total: 240

vanilla protein shake: 110
pretzels: 25
---------------------------
running total: 375

1 jumbo egg:90
1 jumbo egg white: 17
1 Natural Ovens Bakery Bread toast: 120
1 1/2 tps of Smart Balance light butter: 22
1/4 cup of Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks light ice cream: 75
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee: 30
with sweet-n-low: 0
total: 356
---------------------
running total: 731

1/4 cup of Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks Light Icecream: 75
vanilla protein shake: 110
1/2 slice of natural ovens bakery bread: 60
1/2 tsp of Smart Balance light butter: 7.5
1/2 sugar: 7.5
total: 260
----------------------------------
running total: 991

1 cup of brown rice: 170
4 oz of chicken breast: 140
1 1/2 tsp of butter: 22
1 tbl of powder creamer: 30
total: 362
---------------------
running total: 1353

6 oz of strawberries: 54
1 tsp of sugar: 15
2 tbl of lowfat whipped cream: 15
total: 83
-------------------
total: 1437

fitness: 1 hour of weight training legs
abdominals
2 mile run

Today's challenge: After this last weekend, today should be easy right?

Note on Picture: This is what I ate at the picnic yesterday. I did have something else packed, however, once I saw that they were serving lean chicken breasts, I changed my tune and changed my plan. I traded my protein shake for this M&M cookie bar. I think it was worth it. It tasted great!

Overview Of My Weight Lifting Plan

Weight lifting is the part of my plan where I get to sculpt my muscles and sculpt my body into the shape that I want it to be in.

And if you think about it, it makes sense. Our bodies are made up of water, bones, muscles, and skin. And since our skin drapes over our muscles like a tight fitting dress...it makes sense that if we can change the shape of the muscles underneath, we can change how that dress looks.

If your muscles lack tone and vibrancy, your body will lack the same. If they're toned, shapely and hard...your body will look toned, shapely and hard.

So... then what should we do to create a hard, shapely toned body?

When I first start out weight training from being off of it for more than a few months, I start with exercises that take about 20 minutes a day, three days a week.

I do work out at a gym.

However, if I lived in the middle of nowhere, with no way to get to a gym or with kids strapping me down...I would find a way to do weight training exercises at home. Perhaps later in this blog, I will do some research on exactly what you can do for weight training without going to the gym, but for today...I will explain what I do. And it begins by using a gym.

My workouts are divided according to the muscles that are being worked. So, for example the first day I would work back, shoulders, and biceps. Then, the next day, I would work my triceps and chest muscles. The third day I would work my leg muscles.

I usually have four exercises that I do for each day. These exercises I do for about three sets of 12 repetitions.

If anyone has looked at how much time I spend weight lifting, they will see that I currently weight train for about an hour, three days a week. This is something that I have worked up to and have incorporated in the last nine months. However, I will not get into those work-out until later in this blog.

This week, I will be explaining the exercises that I do when I first start weight training... so that if you would like, you can emulate my plan.

Remember, when it comes to starting an exercise plan, that it is almost more important to first get into the habit of doing it than it is to worry about how much exercise you are doing. By starting with a weight training plan that takes only 20 minutes, 3 days a week, you are allowing yourself to acclimate to a new schedule. You are giving your muscles time to recover. And you are not presenting a new program to your mind that seems too overwhelming to start.

Getting started is the most important thing you can do. Just getting to the gym is a huge success.

"Don't think, Just do!"

2 comments:

  1. A brand new week! Good work my friend. Sometimes I run out of time in the morning to eat, I know that is terrible. So I have started boiling eggs at night and then on my way out the door, eat a boil egg. I know the yolk is not the best for you, but the protein really does help me though the day. I also have started making large batches of oatmeal so they are ready to go. Who needs pop tarts or cereal bars with all that sugar?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have access to a gym right now, so i try to do 'body weights'. i'm not so good at consistency though. basically i do pushups, squats, lunges, dips, etc. anything i can do with my body weight or a things around the house (milk jugs).

    i've heard of these http://www.fitdeck.com/ but haven't gotten them to try out yet. just fyi :)

    keep up the good work! stay focused on the end goal, the big picture!

    ReplyDelete