Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2 of Week 4 Waiting For Weight Loss

Weight today: same

Total Lost: 8 pounds in 22 days

1/2 cup of oatmeal: 150
2 tsp of sugar: 30
1/3 cup of skim milk: 30
total: 210

vanilla protein shake: 110
5 oz banana: 125
coffee with 1 tbl of creamer 30
total: 265
----------------------
running total: 375

1 jumbo egg:90
1 jumbo egg white: 17
2 lefse:60
1 oz of chicken breast:35
1/2 cup of cottage cheese:80
3 oz of sliced strawberries: 36
1 tsp of sugar: 15
coffee with 1 tbl of powder creamer: 30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:363
----------------------------------
running total: 738

vanilla protein shake: 110
2 oz banana: 50
1 Ritz cracker: 16
total: 176
-----------------
running total: 914

4 1/2 grilled chicken: 157
1 tsp of Bacon Ranch dressing: 23
4 1/2 oz potato:99
1 1/2 tsp of Smart Balance butter: 22
coffee with 1 tbl of creamer: 30
sweet-n-low: 0
total: 331
-------------------
running total: 1245

3/4 cup of Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks Light icecream: 225

total:1470

Fitness: 4 mile run with high school girls


Note on Picture: Last night's strawberry snack. 6 oz of strawberries: 54, 1 tsp of sugar: 15, 2 tbls of low fat whipped cream: 15---84. What can I say? It was delicious!

Today's Challenge: Keeping hydrated!

Waiting For Weight Loss

I don't know about you, but when I'm on a diet, life seems to crawl by. It inches forward one minute at a time. Each day stretches out like a long, lonely highway waiting to be traveled.

Or maybe that's just me.

When I was eating whenever and whatever I wanted, the weeks would whip by faster than a flying train. So, what's changed?

Has a calorie deficit finally slowed my life down? Who would have thought that life could slow down when, as you get older, it's suppose to speed up?

The only problem here, is that I'm not sure that I'm savoring every minute that creeps by. In fact, I think I'm feeling a little impatient with the wait. You know, the wait for the weight loss?

It's almost like I'm a kid again. Waiting for Christmas to come. And for me, Christmas is still several weeks away.

In the meantime, I can't wait for the fat to drop off. I can't wait for my arms to become more slender. I can't wait for my skinny jeans to fit again. I can't wait till my belly gets flat again.

The anticipation is driving me crazy and making me wish life could speed up, so I can just be there.

I think this is the part where I tell you that losing weight makes you feel younger. The signs are all there. You're excited about something again. Time is slowing down. You want to enjoy the summer, but at the same time, you'd wish it hurry up and be to the time where you're at your goal weight.

Working out takes time and energy. You have mixed emotions about taking time out to walk or do sit-ups. This working out thing makes the wait take longer.

So, I'll admit, waiting is driving me crazy. But I take solace in knowing that I'd rather go crazy waiting than to not be waiting at all.

1 comment:

  1. the waiting is tough! you feel like you are working hard to eat healthily and get in your workouts, and then the scale doesn't want to reflect that right away. gotta stay on the mental game and not give in though - often there are physical signs of loss even while the scale isn't being as friendly. plus, you know you are doing better for yourself! it will come - you are so dedicated and focused!

    i have been trying to enforce better hydration on myself as well lately - good luck!

    ReplyDelete