Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 2 of Week 10 All, Nothing & Inbetween

Weight today: lost 1 pound

Total Lost: 18 pounds in 9 weeks

1/2 cup of oatmeal:150
1 tsp of sugar:15
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:195

vanilla protein shake:110
pretzel:15
2 1/2 oz banana:67
total: 192
-------------------
running total:387

1 large egg:70
1 large egg white:10
1 lefse:30
1/3 cup of fat free cottage cheese:53
1/4 cup of crushed canned pineapple:35
1 tbl of powder creamer with coffee:30
with sweet-n-low:0
total:228
---------------------
running total:615

vanilla protein shake:110
3 oz banana:75
total: 185
-------------------
running total: 800

1 Arnold classic sand which thins:100
1 tsp of Smart Balance Light butter:15
1 large egg:70
1 large egg white:10
5 oz of cantaloupe: 50
total: 245
----------------
running total: 1045

Kemps Bomb Pop:40

total: 1085

Today's challenge: Sticking to my work-outs despite the lower calorie input.

Planned fitness: 50 minute weight lifting leg workout, 2 mile run, my abdominal work-out twice today

Note on picture: This is your mouth. And this is your mouth on drugs. :) My sister made these caramel, chocolate chip brownies for our family gathering yesterday. They are sooo good. The last time she brought them I ate several, but yesterday I only ate one with a caloric estimate of 225. I ate this but was still able to stay within my 1,100 caloric range. Oh. And the mouth? That belongs to my younger brother. We always see food, but not usually accompanied with a mouth.

All, Nothing & Inbetween

When it comes to eating or doing some type of activity, how would you describe yourself?

Do you jump right in no holds barred? So, for example, when you're eating do you dive in and eat till your hearts content? Is is hard for you to just stop at one brownie when you could possibly have two, three or four?

Or when you're on a diet, this same tendency will cause you to bring your own food and eat only it when you attend a family function. This type of personality will stick to their work-outs and find whatever way possible to fit them in. Or if you're behind on your work-outs, you feel discouraged and just give up.

The only problem with this personality type is that you've focused so much energy in this one particular thing, other things get pushed aside.

This is my personality type, and blogging has brought it out even more. Also, for some reason, I really tend to go all out when it comes to working out, fitness, and sticking to a diet. So, one of the biggest challenges for me is trying to balance out this whole diet thing with the rest of my life. How do I do this and keep the house organized? How do I do this, but not to the point that it edges out enjoying my time at a family get-together.

Actually in the latest diet, I feel like I've developed some better balance. I'm weight lifting three days a week instead of five because I know that with my all or nothing personality I won't just give up if I can't get all five work-outs in, and trying to fit in five exerts less pressure on me. Three is more manageable for the long haul. (That and I'm not training for a Body Building Fitness competition.)

As for bringing my own food to family functions, I still believe that is important to do when keeping to a diet, but that's it's good if you are able to work in some kind of a treat.

But I've noticed that it isn't a good thing to try to fit in a treat unless you've been dieting for awhile and are able to control yourself to just one treat. It seems to me that the longer this goes on, the more control I have over stopping at just one treat.

So, I guess what I want to say in this post, is that I actually think it's good to start out your diet with an all or nothing attitude but then work toward being an inbetween personality when it comes to food. You want to get to the point of being able to stop at just one treat. But to get to that point, you need to work through some internal conversations with yourself and develop some strategies and goals that will help you to eat within a normal calorie range...after the diet's over.

That will be one of my next goals...to be inbetween.

4 comments:

  1. Your brother has great teeth! Way to go staying in control and only having one of those decadent looking brownies!

    I totally am all or nothing! That's why I'm either anorexic or obese! We'll get it figured out and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week Sunshine Mama! You are in the home stretch. Be tough this week and don't forget to reflect over these past weeks at all of your hard work. Kick this last week's butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dawn, I was thinking the same thing (about my brother's teeth). Course I'd never really looked at them quite like that before.

    Hey, SunshineMeg, thanks for being such an encourager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo. I can definitely tell that you used to be a photographer.

    Seeking balance is really the heart of the journey. Going overboard in the beginning certainly has it's benefits (quicker losses, for example) but you do need to be careful.

    ReplyDelete