Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Saturday, March 31, 2012

Baby Is Currently Breech

Hello friends!

Just a quick little post. I've been busy on the home front. I've felt a lot better these last two weeks since I've been eating healthier. What's interesting is because the baby is pushing on my belly, I get full so quickly. But that always happens toward the end. I've been trying to get in 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. I actually get thirsty if it goes too long since I've had something to drink. I'm completely off caffeine, so that when baby comes, my caffeinated breast milk won't keep her up.

During my last check-up, the midwife said that the baby's head had moved so that she is laying transversal. So, instead of the head being down towards my pelvis, she is laying horizontally. At least her head isn't under my chest. But in a few weeks if she doesn't turn they may try to turn her manually from the outside. The way that she is facing now she could be born breech, which they don't do anymore. My interpretation of that is they may want to do a C-section, which I've never had and would prefer to avoid.

What's interesting about her change in position is that usually this far along there isn't suppose to be a whole lot of room for them to be moving around. But because of having multiple children, the midwife said my uterus my be more stretched out which would allow her more room to move around. Nice.

So I have five weeks left. If at three weeks to go, she hasn't moved her head down, then they will try to move her. They told me that the procedure shouldn't hurt.

Anyway, my next appointment is April 6th and we'll see how she's sitting.

In the meantime, about three days ago, I started getting nice little mini-contractions that may last up to 30 to 40 seconds. I think they call them the Braxton-Hicks. But they've only happened about two to three times a day. But they will happen now up until the baby is born.

Well, hopefully I can update sooner than the last time I did.

Hope you're all doing well!

Sincerely,

Sunshine Mama

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunshine Mama! :)So glad to hear your are doing well! With 5 weeks left, I think you have plenty of time for your sweet little girl to flip! I'll pray for ya! I'm just getting back into the swing of things and I have 42lbs *gulp* I should lose. I'm especially not looking forward to breaking my sugar addiction again. GACK. It can be done though! My new baby girl, Phoebe, is almost 2 1/2 months already! WOW! :)

    Blessings!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little one is breech at this point too....and with my last one being an emergency c-section because they didn't know she was breech until I was admitted I am glad to have the info. now and we can deal with the situation more proactively.
    Thinking of you and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete