Join Me For Another 10 Weeks! This is the first week of ten weeks starting October 22, 2012

Hi folks! I'm at it again. I'm going for another 20 pound loss in ten weeks. I've recently had another baby, a little girl, she is now five months old and I'm ready to drop some weight.





Tuesday, August 9, 2011

UpDate

Hello friends!

It's been a few days since I've blogged, but I have been busy.

Not only have did I get in all the work-outs I wanted to get in last week (six days of running and five days weight lifting), I've also been signing the kids up for fall activities like swimming lessons, karate, flag football, gymnastics, boys choir, piano and violin lessons.

Plus I'm figuring out their home school schedule.

I have been reading up on some some body building magazines to double check to make sure I am "doing it right" with my diet and exercise program.

I deduced that 1,400 calories is adequate. But I've decided to incorporate HIIT work-outs. High intensity interval training. And doing cardio that focuses on my glutes like raising the incline to the highest it can go on the treadmill and running that. (I haven't done that yet)

When I run to the gym I will do sprints. I did that tonight and that felt decent. I am still training for my half marathon, but I will "sprinkle" my week with three days of HIIT work-outs. And then two days of the week when I run my long runs, I will try it with an incline.

Also...I have been doing the same weight lifting routine for two or three years. So, I'm going to switch in some different exercises that work my muscles from a different angle to see if that will help rev up my metabolism too.

It's strange. Tonight I felt down again looking at the mirror. I wonder if my metabolism is slowing down because I'm not eating enough. I wonder, "what if I only lose one pound a week?". Then, I wonder, "Why am I doing all this anyway?"

It's like I can see the future...and I sometimes just think, "wow, months and months of this. Will it never end?"

But I've lived the alternative.

Out of shape. No hope. Low energy. Unhappy.

The food that I eat now is so healthy that I am nourished, happy and satisfied at 1,400 because not one of those calories is wasted.

I've noticed that I think more clearly. I have more energy.

Even though my weight isn't where I want it, I feel good about my appearance.

I have hope.

So, I suppose even if I don't hit that two pound a week average, I will keep at it.

I am really shooting for a two pound drop by this Saturday. Right now I am at 10. 2 pounds down. So, I want to see a 12 pound drop.

We'll see if it happens.

Sincerely,

Sunshine Mama

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the kids are going to have a busy, busy year. I loved doing swim lesson and girl scouts when I was little. I think we have all lived that "alternative" life of being out of shape with low energy. It's great when you finally put your foot down and declare that you have had enough! I must admit I skipped my workout last night after feeling blah all day. I'm sure it would have given me more energy and probably helped me get over the "blahs" but I didn't do it. I plan to kick my own butt tonight to make up for it. Skipping last night has made me anxious to get to the gym tonight. We just have to keep taking things one day at a time and we will be a-okay! Lately if one day at a time has seemed like too much of a challenge, hour by hour has been the way to go! Do not get discouraged Sunshine Mama, you are doing all of the right things for yourself and your family. A healthy mama is a happy mama! Work it girl!

    ReplyDelete